LX470 02 sensor CEL post exhaust install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I recently installed an aftermarket exhaust and headers package on my '03 LX470. Within 15 mins of picking up the vehicle, the CEL has come on (along with the VSC and VTC lights). Now, I haven't checked the code as yet but I'd bet my house on the 02 sensor after the cat being the issue. I've already done the battery reset twice, and both time it flags back up within 20km's or so. The other tell tale sign is that the fuel consumption is a fair bit higher than usual and if you stand behind the vehicle while running you can definitely smell it's running rich (I believe the ECU runs a 'safe mode' if it can't get 02 sensor information).

Has anyone else had 02 sensor issues after installing an aftermarket exhaust system with high flow cats, and if so, what was the solution to rid yourself of the problem? Had a mate who used to work at an exhaust shop and he reckons they were regulatory having issues with the CEL lights coming on after exhaust installs on the LCs and LXs. He did mention something about a spacer to sit the sensor back a bit to allow for gasses to accumulate a lower volatility near the sensor head? Anyone else heard of this?

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom