LX450 Key Fob (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A little surgery of the alarm wiring harness would eliminate the starter kill.
Any thread leads that explain this? Would rather not cut into these types of wires without being 100% on outcome

I would not cut anything in main harness that is why I suggested the alarm harness. If you go to a Viper something similar later you would modify the alarm harness most likely anyway. I remember a thread within the last year where the OEM alarm harness was used to make an aftermarket alarm plug and play. Tracing the harness connections with a FSM wiring diagram in hand should be easy to identify the proper pair of wires to bypass going to the alarm unit.

Last edited:
You need to remove the splice into the ignition switch, then reconnect the alarm wires you cut out of that circuit. That way, the alarm thinks the ignition switch is always on.

It's the bullet connectors in the photo.

The only two wires into the ignition that (should have been) are tapped into are both large (maybe 14ga, but I'm not 100% about that; anyway, they're obviously larger than the other 18ga wires). Those are the starter taps. Everything else in the alarm circuit is spliced into the door control relay.

Ignition wiring, tap.jpg

My son and I did this to his over the Christmas holiday. I need to post a decent write up.

I have a friend that is the parts and service manager at a Lexus dealer and he has a side business making and selling replacement Lexus key fobs. I can check with him to see if he does LX-450s
Hey I’m down for a new one as well, if your buddy is up for doing LX450’s.

Heard back from him. They don't currently do fobs that old. Sorry!

Hey I’m down for a new one as well, if your buddy is up for doing LX450’s.
the two I ordered from an earlier post worked great. Took about 30 seconds to program each

I bought these from Amazon, cheap but they work on my 96 Lx450.QualityKeylessPlus TWO Replacement Clone Remote Keyless Entry Key Fob for Lexus FCC ID BAB237131-032 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015NC1XCI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_KUfDAbACEBEX1

The programming didn’t work when holding down the green button on receiver unit until the light on dash starts flashing.
Found that holding the button down, as soon as the light on dash lights up, immediately push button on remote, programming complete.

It will give the same chirp, lights flashing on dash confirmation doing it either way, but only the 2nd method actually programmed fobs.

:hmm: I'll try that with the replacement fobs I have . . .

Ok so I ordered these and they worked great. Literally about 30 seconds and both were programmed. Maybe if they quit working I will go Viper next time. Would really like to lose the starter kill and also have remote start but this will do for now. THANKS!
You bought the ones in the hyperlink you quoted?

I bought these from Amazon, cheap but they work on my 96 Lx450.QualityKeylessPlus TWO Replacement Clone Remote Keyless Entry Key Fob for Lexus FCC ID BAB237131-032 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015NC1XCI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_KUfDAbACEBEX1

The programming didn’t work when holding down the green button on receiver unit until the light on dash starts flashing.
Found that holding the button down, as soon as the light on dash lights up, immediately push button on remote, programming complete.

It will give the same chirp, lights flashing on dash confirmation doing it either way, but only the 2nd method actually programmed fobs.
Which button did you use and do all your functions work?

I bought these from Amazon, cheap but they work on my 96 Lx450.QualityKeylessPlus TWO Replacement Clone Remote Keyless Entry Key Fob for Lexus FCC ID BAB237131-032 Amazon product ASIN B015NC1XCI

Thanks, @Mymalfunction. I just bought the same remotes on Amazon for $36.02 with free shipping and they were easy to program and worked great with my 96 LX450!

I programmed the top button to be the one and only button and it locks and unlocks just as the factory remote does.

I have a friend that is the parts and service manager at a Lexus dealer and he has a side business making and selling replacement Lexus key fobs. I can check with him to see if he does LX-450s
Any word from the friend with the key fob side hustle? Got a 97 that could use a backup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom