LX450 Key Fob (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok I’m looking at several different aftermarket key fobs. Would love to have OEM just dont want to fork over the coin for new OEM. Anyone have any good leads where I can order a couple of OEM or good quality aftermarket fobs and maybe a key to get cut and it not cost a fortune and not have to send the fobs back because they aren’t compatible?

Kirk

This topic has been covered ‘ad nauseam’ here in the forum ! Search and you will find it all..........

I don’t think ‘we’ ever reached any consensus or solution on what would/did work and I eventually became so frustrated, I just went with an after market security system w/remote start and never looked back.

Enjoy !

Yea I have searched and that was kind of what I was reading everywhere. I have also leaning towards aftermarket security with remote start but wanted to make sure there wasn’t some new option out there that I haven’t seen.

I have a friend that is the parts and service manager at a Lexus dealer and he has a side business making and selling replacement Lexus key fobs. I can check with him to see if he does LX-450s

For the right cost I would be in for two fobs and a key

For the right cost I would be in for two fobs and a key

With your sig line, just cut loose the smart money & either go fully manual (shocker to some nowdays) - or cut loose the $$$ for either a DEI product you install or have installed.

I've had 3 aftermarket alarms since my non-RS3000'ed 80 still owned - all in the same 80 & was duplicated in my 450.

With T-taps & a planned install, you can bypass the factory starter kill (a feature only good when these were $50K suv's in metro cities, now a curse) - a Clifford/Viper 2-way unit is <$200 on fleabay, and paid install with a distinct demand of bypassing the starter kill is <$200 (my lifelong best bro is my installer at a local premium non-chain store, he's a hater of starter kill himself).

But don't price-shop the install - go to your local "price be damned" installer & directly approach the install bay area & offer greenbacks to their lead guy.

They love to do ca$h installs on their days off, esp if you have a climate controlled area & buy pizza/soda plu$ the off-the-books ca$h is directly proportionate to how soon & how quality of a install you get.
My multiple installs in the same 80 have all been via the same T-taps & my buddy has never re-cut into my wire harness - he never has "comeback / rework" complaints, easily for the last decade despite cars getting way more advanced.

If you hire a minimum wage jackass kid at Best Buy, you'll get what you pay for.

With your sig line, just cut loose the smart money & either go fully manual (shocker to some nowdays) - or cut loose the $$$ for either a DEI product you install or have installed.

I've had 3 aftermarket alarms since my non-RS3000'ed 80 still owned - all in the same 80 & was duplicated in my 450.

With T-taps & a planned install, you can bypass the factory starter kill (a feature only good when these were $50K suv's in metro cities, now a curse) - a Clifford/Viper 2-way unit is <$200 on fleabay, and paid install with a distinct demand of bypassing the starter kill is <$200 (my lifelong best bro is my installer at a local premium non-chain store, he's a hater of starter kill himself).

But don't price-shop the install - go to your local "price be damned" installer & directly approach the install bay area & offer greenbacks to their lead guy.

They love to do ca$h installs on their days off, esp if you have a climate controlled area & buy pizza/soda plu$ the off-the-books ca$h is directly proportionate to how soon & how quality of a install you get.
My multiple installs in the same 80 have all been via the same T-taps & my buddy has never re-cut into my wire harness - he never has "comeback / rework" complaints, easily for the last decade despite cars getting way more advanced.

If you hire a minimum wage jackass kid at Best Buy, you'll get what you pay for.
Yea I been thinking the 2 way Viper was the way to go. I have installed stereos and alarms in older vehicles just never really and truly dug into the LX wire harness and never really had to deal with the starter kill. May do a little more research and do it myself or take it back to my hometown and have a buddy do it for me that does it for a living on high end car electronics installs

I just undid this in my son's 80. The OEM alarm is connected to the window and door relay (left) and the ignition circuit (right).
DS floor, alarm wiring.jpg

Way too complex for what little it does (when it works).

I second everyone's feelings about the starter kill switch. Now if it had a remote start...

FWIW, the OE alarm is pretty durable.

It's crazy nowadays to have it wired as starter kill/interrupt, but it was tough.

My RS3000 worked when I got my 80 in 2000/01, but we pulled it for a Alpine unit since I get stuff for peanuts & the Alpine wore out the board in <5 yrs.
It had a few hiccups too in there - I wouldn't buy it again personally but it wasn't flaming crap either.

Had both Clifford & Viper branded 2-way units & have easily 6-8yrs on the Clifford one now, very happy with them/DEI in general.

I am happy with these after minimal effort programming them in for my '97:

"KeylessOption Keyless Entry Remote Control Car Key Fob Replacement for Toyota RS3000 BAB237131-022 (Pack of 2)"

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018415IIU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have only been using them for a few months but I like the keyless feature, especially now that all 5 electric lock mechanisms work. I turned off the beep and adjusted a few other settings in the security system with minimal effort. Find the manual and you should be able to follow it, though it took a bit of trial and error before I could execute the procedures.

Yours is a 97 LX450?

@kirkagosto Sorry! Mine is a '97 LC, Collectors Edition if that's relevant. I guess the LX450s had a different security system? My assumption was that the RS3000 was used in all of these but upon further thought, probably not.

Well I have the rs3000 but I know the LX had different fobs than the LC. Didn’t Know if this mattered or if it was just a Lexus design thing with same guts and such in the remote

Last edited:
I can't confirm that the rs3000 fobs for LC and LX are interchangeable but it seems very likely that they were/are. The RS3000 was used in a lot of different autos and per my research the fobs I bought on Amazon work for more than just the LC so I imagine that they'd work for your LX also. Not sure the best way to figure that out though, in the end you probably have to just buy and try them.

I bought these from Amazon, cheap but they work on my 96 Lx450.QualityKeylessPlus TWO Replacement Clone Remote Keyless Entry Key Fob for Lexus FCC ID BAB237131-032 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015NC1XCI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_KUfDAbACEBEX1

The programming didn’t work when holding down the green button on receiver unit until the light on dash starts flashing.
Found that holding the button down, as soon as the light on dash lights up, immediately push button on remote, programming complete.

It will give the same chirp, lights flashing on dash confirmation doing it either way, but only the 2nd method actually programmed fobs.

I get stuff for peanuts.

This made me laugh...

Get it..."LINUS" and "PEANUTS"....

The stuff of dad joke heaven.

I am still in the process of removing all the parts of the RS3000 system. I feel like I keep finding bits of it. I probably should search and see if there is a checklist tutorial. I went full manual which is only a pain sometimes.

I am happy with these after minimal effort programming them in for my '97:

"KeylessOption Keyless Entry Remote Control Car Key Fob Replacement for Toyota RS3000 BAB237131-022 (Pack of 2)"

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018415IIU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have only been using them for a few months but I like the keyless feature, especially now that all 5 electric lock mechanisms work. I turned off the beep and adjusted a few other settings in the security system with minimal effort. Find the manual and you should be able to follow it, though it took a bit of trial and error before I could execute the procedures.
Ok so I ordered these and they worked great. Literally about 30 seconds and both were programmed. Maybe if they quit working I will go Viper next time. Would really like to lose the starter kill and also have remote start but this will do for now. THANKS!

A little surgery of the alarm wiring harness would eliminate the starter kill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom