Builds LX450 crawler build thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks good, Im very curious on how the front fenders will look like when your done making room for the uptravel of 42s.

Happy Trails...

T case high range 10% underdrive
T case low range 25% reduction
T case part time kit with AVM billet selectable front hubs
4.88 Nitro diff gears F/R with solid pinion spacers
Greg, I'm going to 35's, 4.88's, and T case low range 25% reduction.
Thinking of adding the T case high range 10% underdrive as well.
My truck isn't a daily driver, but will be driven to the trail.
Did you have a chance to drive your rig with this gear setup before going to 40's?
Were you able to drive 65+ mph on the freeway?
Would you recommend adding the underdrive to 4.88's and T case low range 25% reduction with 35's, when considering freeway performance?
Ron

Greg, I'm going to 35's, 4.88's, and T case low range 25% reduction.
Thinking of adding the T case high range 10% underdrive as well.
My truck isn't a daily driver, but will be driven to the trail.
Did you have a chance to drive your rig with this gear setup before going to 40's?
Were you able to drive 65+ mph on the freeway?
Would you recommend adding the underdrive to 4.88's and T case low range 25% reduction with 35's, when considering freeway performance?
Ron
I did not have the chance to drive 35’s with 4.88’s and t-case hi and low gear reductions, I would think it would be geared too low as you’d have a 30% gear reduction in high with only ~10% bigger tires. Maybe you should consider leaving the ring and pinion gears stock and just doing the t-case high and low gears. The 4.11’s should be stronger than 4.88’s theoretically as well.

Maybe you should consider leaving the ring and pinion gears stock and just doing the t-case high and low gears. The 4.11’s should be stronger than 4.88’s theoretically as well.
I’m leaning toward 4.88’s in the pumpkins with the low range gear reduction in the case. I have a message into another member that installed 4.88’s, low gear reduction, and the underdrive with 37’s. Thank you for your reply.

Absolutely incredible work you are doing here. This rig is begging for a V8 and an Atlas now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom