Lucas Oil Power Steering Fluid with Conditioners (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know the LX and LC call for Dexron but would Lucas Oil PSF (not the stop leak) really harm the system? It says it's compatible with all systems...Hmmm I wonder. I went to change mine and it was black so I took some out of the resevoir with a pump and refilled with Lucas Oil PSF. Drove around a bit and repeated, then one more time. The steering is great and the pump isnt whining anymore. Should I flush it out now and then refill with the Dexron as recommended or leave it alone? Thoughts?

FYI, I use Lucas Oil for my gear oil, fuel additive, etc... and it's always performed great.

I never use Lucas so I dunno. I have used Mobil 1 synthetic on my Avalon, Sequoia, and the current LC and SC430. Combined probably ~300K miles, never have the pump whine or failure. I do flush the fluid every so often, usually when it gets darker, but never until it is completely black.

All of my vehicles were purchased used, so with somewhat unknown maintenance history. I remember flushing the LC after we bought it, and the fluid was black and feels thick.

Snake oil?

Thanks, still no issues here but I think just to be safe I am going to just pump out the resevoir and refill with Mobil 1. The Lucas can blend with the Mobil 1 no problem and then i'll flush the whole thing out next oil change in 7500 miles unless I notice an issue. BTW, this truck has 315k on it now so I don't want to tempt any failures LOL

I used this stuff recently, and it finished off my power steering pump. I've got a '98 with 230,000 miles on original pump. It was on the way out anyway with a very small leak.
When I put this suffice in, it blew a seal on the pump and puked out the entirety of the P/S fluid at/above pump level.

Be careful of this stuff in PS systems, especially older systems

Mobil 1 ATF for the fluid, if you have a leak try the ATP AT205, so far (4+ weeks) it seems to have remedied a leak I had in my rack (passenger side tie rod area).

Valvoline MaxLife ATF, it has seal conditioners in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom