LS400 Steering Wheel? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The steering wheel should bolt up, but the wheel is different since the 95-97 have a airbag.

Having a '91, I'd be very surprised if the LS400 steering wheel directly bolts up to early 80 cruisers.

Can anyone confirm?

All 91-97 LCs are compatable. The splines are the same, only difference is the 95-97 came with air bags. The 91-94 don't.

All 91-97 LCs are compatable. The splines are the same, only difference is the 95-97 came with air bags. The 91-94 don't.

Good to know the splines match.
But would the plastic casing directly behind the wheel itself allow for the swap?
True, you could remove the black(dk grey) plastic pieces to get the wheel attached but then the exposed area might look like crap.

Thanks M8, great info! :hillbilly:

Just got one, hope it fits-
1999-2001 OR? LEXUS LS400 STEERING WHEEL (NO AIRBAG) | eBay

:beer:

Does the LS400 steering wheel fit the 95+ FZJ80? I searched and searched and didn't find an answer to this question. So I just went ahead and bit the bullet and bought an LS400 steering wheel that was in good shape and hoped that it would be a direct fit to replace my old worn out steering wheel in the 97 LX450.

To all those wondering, they are identical except for one small thing, and are completely interchangable. Everything bolts up the same, connectors are the same, cruise control lever is the same, and the air bag bolts on the same as well. The color matches exactly too with my brown/tan steering wheel out my LX450.

Pictures of the LX450 steering wheel that came off:
lx450wheel1.JPG

lx450wheel.JPG

Pictures of the LS400 steering wheel that went on:
ls400wheel1.JPG

ls400wheel.JPG

The only difference between them was a rubber block mounted on the LS400 wheel that was not there on the LX450 wheel. It is simply held on by two screws and can be removed if desired. It looks like some sort of vibration dampening device. I opted to leave it on there since it didn't interfere with anything. It is the one circled in red:
ls400wheeldifference.JPG

Hope this helps some folks out there looking at options for steering wheel replacements.

Ok, so which year LS400 steering wheels are a direct fit to a 96-97 FZJ-80?

1999 LX470 VS 98-00' LS400 Steering Wheel

My 99' LX470's steering wheel leather stain/paint is all chipping away and I want to replace it, instead of recovering it.

It's tough to find 98' to 01' LX wheels for sale in good shape.

Does the LS400 wheel fit the same as the LX470? Without any adjustments or loss of safety?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/98-00-Lexus-LS400-Beige-Leather-Brown-Wood-Grain-Steering-Wheel-JDM-VIP-Celsior-/370746352677?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ALexus&hash=item5652346425&vxp=mtr

Thanks!

My 99' LX470's steering wheel leather stain/paint is all chipping away and I want to replace it, instead of recovering it.

It's tough to find 98' to 01' LX wheels for sale in good shape.

Does the LS400 wheel fit the same as the LX470? Without any adjustments or loss of safety?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/98-00-Lexus-LS400-Beige-Leather-Brown-Wood-Grain-Steering-Wheel-JDM-VIP-Celsior-/370746352677?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ALexus&hash=item5652346425&vxp=mtr

Thanks!

Yes. Will work fine.

I bought a 98-2000 ls400 steering wheel for my truck last summer and it bolted on, but my airbag did not I can dig part numbers out later, and was needing to throw it up on the classifieds anyway. Have original box too for it so I have the part numbers...

As far as I know, the horn will not work using a 98-2000 steering wheel.

Can anyone verify this?

Edit: pictures added of my 97 FZJ80 steering wheel and a 99 LS400 steering wheel.
IMG_0515.jpg
$T2eC16hHJGQE9noMcSRJBQ07gLZ6jQ~~60_57.jpg

If the horn won't work, then I have to keep looking for a LC replacement... :-(

Yes, the horn from your Land Cruiser bolts on and works fine onto the LS400 steering wheel. Done it many times already. They're the exact same shell

Reporting back with a definitive answer; the wood 98-00 LS400 wheel does NOT work with an 80. :crybaby:

It's splines are the same and it fits on fine, but the airbag and horn will not work without fabbing some brackets.

The pre-98 LS400 wheel would be the same as the 80s, but it's not wood so you might as well refurbish the one you're got :hillbilly:

The wood LS wheel is a great option for the 98-02 100-series :idea:

At least I now know how to remove a steering wheel :bang:

Thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom