For Sale Lower fst rear hinges FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have four hinges and hardware for the lower part of the rear doors off a late model soft top FJ40. These are in great condition.
149065793689912700591.jpg
1490657981580-1181041302.jpg
$65 plus shipping

Last edited:
If you have US imported FJ40 then those are off a pre-75 hard top model with barn doors that was used to fill the void when ambulance doors were removed off later modesl and soft top installed. US got tailgates not barn doors on soft top models. Still a market for these just not soft top models.

If you have US imported FJ40 then those are off a pre-75 hard top model with barn doors that was used to fill the void when ambulance doors were removed off later modesl and soft top installed. US got tailgates not barn doors on soft top models. Still a market for these just not soft top models.

John

I think the hinges you are thinking of have three holes on the door side.

John

I think the hinges you are thinking of have three holes on the door side.

Interesting your right. Maybe off a late model soft top with two piece soft ambulance doors never offered in the US market. Should probably delete my post. Having never seen a set of soft top ambulance doors guessing must be enough lighter to only require two screws. I wonder was it Toyota in Japan or Toyota USA that made the decision to import only the FJ40 after 1967 with very few options of what was really available to the rest of the world.

Interesting your right. Maybe off a late model soft top with two piece soft ambulance doors never offered in the US market. Should probably delete my post. Having never seen a set of soft top ambulance doors guessing must be enough lighter to only require two screws. I wonder was it Toyota in Japan or Toyota USA that made the decision to import only the FJ40 after 1967 with very few options of what was really available to the rest of the world.

The only reason I know is because @tlaporte was on the hunt for some of these for his troopie and we discussed welding in the third hole on some VLS hinges if he couldn't find the VKC ones.

I have 62 and 63 FSM for the 4X series. They both show soft top models with the two piece ambulance doors. They were matched with hard doors on the sides. It's the one thing that we did get that was unusual for other markets was the quick removed soft doors on the sides. Have a early soft top tub with barn door I thought would be cool to switch to ambulance door in back. Just too far down my list of projects. These hinges are easy to fill the extra hole or weld up one. A lot easier to solve then most issues of non-US imported parts.

The doors looked like these on my friends FJ43. So this is a type of ambulance door? A half soft top version right?
149074164697712700591.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom