Loud alarm sound from under hood (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello guys, my Fj is making a loud alarm sound from behind the battery box. Doesn’t matter if the engine is on or off it still makes the sound so long as the battery is connected. I pulled fuses with no luck. I can’t identify what’s causing it so I can really tell what to pull and what to leave. It’s similar to the sound the keys make in ignition but much louder. I took a video to hopefully hear it.

Let me know your thoughts on the source please and no I did not find anything like this with a search. I found horn related alarm issues but not whatever this is.

Greatly appreciate your help.

Right below the camera between the abs pump and the fender is a piezo for the alarm that could be going off.

Might be that

Right below the camera between the abs pump and the fender is a piezo for the alarm that could be going off.

Might be that

I will try to locate this and see what I can do. Appreciate your response!

OK, I'll be the first. Don't call it an "FJ." /thatguy :flipoff2:

Reactions: ppc
I will try to locate this and see what I can do. Appreciate your response!

In case it's not clear, I think he was talking about this part:

Screenshot_20220630-111748_Brave.jpg

In case it's not clear, I think he was talking about this part:

View attachment 3048339
No But I believe it us under it or close. It will be about the size of a half a role of quarters, should be round, red but have yellow foam wrapped around it and i think a zip tie holding the foam on it. At least that is what mine looks like.

No But I believe it us under it or close. It will be about the size of a half a role of quarters, should be round, red but have yellow foam wrapped around it and i think a zip tie holding the foam on it. At least that is what mine looks like.
The above description is spot on. 2 months ago, I had the opposite problem. Mine stopped working and needed replacement.

I had an alarm go off a couple years ago in my 80, turns out the siren itself was behind that right fender. took forever to rid the harness of all the s*** wiring. mine was a car alarm tho and didn't sound like this.

And magically the sound stopped when I came back from vacation. I think I soaked the interior and caused some issues that just needed to dry out. I appreciate all of your replies though.

There is some sort non-standard part (junction box??) stuck to the upper firewall above the brake booster. There's also a couple of red wires that also appear non-standard on that side of the engine bay. One looks like it may be running directly to the positive battery post. Part of an aftermarket alarm maybe??

And the wires coming off the positive battery post look not quite right; should be a bundle of three short Fusible link wires. Might be good to check to see those haven't been replaced with something else.

It would be interesting if the OP could post up better photos of whatever it is on the firewall above the booster and also the wires connected to the positive battery post. @nickdallas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom