Lost wire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a '71 FJ40 that was "reworked" by previous owners. I pulled the instrument cluster out to fix a problem with the speedometer. While fixing that problem I noticed an orange wire with yellow stripe dangling loose. It has a shielded spade connector and comes out of the bundle that has the multi-wire connector that plugs into the console wiring connector. Any idea where this wire should be landed?

I don't think that's a stock color wire? Might be red/yellow

1970 FJ40.gif

Thanks. I remember seeing this diagram but couldn't remember where. Now I just need to figure out how to download it...

Right click, "save image as"

Or you can just download the whole thing from here.

20230501_172639.jpg

Here is a photo of the lone wire I'm talking about. I guess it could have been red at one time. Going with red, then it would be a red wire with yellow stripe. The multi-wire connector in the photo plugs into the connector from the instrument cluster. I only have one multi-wire connector attached to the instrument cluster. I notice in some online photos that some folks have two multi-wire connectors attached to the instrument cluster. Mine is a Frankenstein...

Good possibility it is part of the very crude early Speed Detector for emissions. Would be a spade on the back of the speedo head it plugs into.
Not a critical part of function.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom