Looking to buy LC with 248000 miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I know you all are bored by getting the same question again and again but I am looking into buying LC. I have been saving for quite a while now and I found one which fits my budget. I would love your feedback or suggestions.

It is a 2000 LC with 248000 miles on it, had 3 previous owners and based on car fax it spent most of the time in TX, CO, and now in OHIO. I am going to try to test drive it on this weekend it is 5 hours away from me and before going out there I was wondering if it is worth buying an LC with so many miles on it. I do most of my work myself but due to not having a garage cannot do major maintenance work. I am posting pictures of the frame do you guys think this frame is in good shape.

Thank You

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

At 248k, it will need some love. Not a question of if, but when. Obviously if you aren't able to do the work, you will have to pay someone to do it for you, so factor that into your $$$ calculations.

What kind of maintenance has it had? That's probably the most important question for you to ask.

If you're considering it at 248k and 5 hours away, I hope the price is good! Are Cruisers scarce where you are?

Agreed: maintenance records are the deciding factor, esp. timing belt service.

I bought my 1998 LC with 282K and "all records since new." It was dealer maintained but still needed TLC when I got it. Most significant items so far:

- Both front lower control arms (bad bushings & ball joints)
- Complete sunroof overhaul
- F&R shocks & sway bar bushings
- Ignition switch cam
- Both upstream O2 Sensors
- A couple of ignition coils

It'll also need a new steering rack soon. I do all my own wrenching so I have saved $$$ there, but even with service records there will be potentially expensive things that need attention.

Thank you for the reply guys, it does have service records on the carfax and most of them were at dealership but it does not mention any major stuff just oil changes, a coil change, and some tunes up. The seller is asking 7500$ and then I will have to pay 450 tax + registration when I come back to PA. I have tried to bargain with the toyota dealer that has it but he is not budging.
@bryson cruisers are scare in a way that the ones I have seen have considerable rust and asking is way too much, other than that they do pop up once in a while. My problem is I need something soon since I have sold my car and me and my wife both work and have to use 1 car.
@Ayune I can do most of the work my self, for example I changed all 4 wheel bearings on my 2008 accord and upper and lower control arms. I am a little worried if it would be easy to work on it like I do on my accord because this will be my first ever SUV.

If you take your time and schedule out a list of procedures its not too bad. Make a comprehensive list and sort it by the most important projects first. You gotta get ahead of it and it takes determination but its doable.

That seems 3k over priced...

Usterzai,

I think you can do better.

I don't know where you are, but I would continue to search closer if you can.

The car sounds like pretty average condition ( a few owners, some dealer history, etc). Nothing too special or terrible at first glance.

For 7500 I would be looking at high mileage 2003+ from a private seller.

Thank you for the reply guys, it does have service records on the carfax and most of them were at dealership but it does not mention any major stuff just oil changes, a coil change, and some tunes up. The seller is asking 7500$ and then I will have to pay 450 tax + registration when I come back to PA. I have tried to bargain with the toyota dealer that has it but he is not budging.
@bryson cruisers are scare in a way that the ones I have seen have considerable rust and asking is way too much, other than that they do pop up once in a while. My problem is I need something soon since I have sold my car and me and my wife both work and have to use 1 car.
@Ayune I can do most of the work my self, for example I changed all 4 wheel bearings on my 2008 accord and upper and lower control arms. I am a little worried if it would be easy to work on it like I do on my accord because this will be my first ever SUV.

Create an account on the Toyota website and enter the VIN in and you should be able to see if it has any dealer service history. Also can do the same on the Lexus owner site just register the truck as yours.

Hi all, I know you all are bored by getting the same question again and again but I am looking into buying LC. I have been saving for quite a while now and I found one which fits my budget. I would love your feedback or suggestions.

It is a 2000 LC with 248000 miles on it, had 3 previous owners and based on car fax it spent most of the time in TX, CO, and now in OHIO. I am going to try to test drive it on this weekend it is 5 hours away from me and before going out there I was wondering if it is worth buying an LC with so many miles on it. I do most of my work myself but due to not having a garage cannot do major maintenance work. I am posting pictures of the frame do you guys think this frame is in good shape.

Thank You

View attachment 1561283

View attachment 1561284

You say "LC", but is it an LX?

Where in Ohio is it?? there are plenty of people on the forum who would be glad to take a look at it for another member (me included) before you drive 5 hrs. to look at it yourself. And as for the dealer not budging on the price I'm sure they will change their minds when someone is there in person, I don't like to negotiate price over the phone either.

I picked up my one owner 99 with 246k miles on it, and she needed some love. I drove 2 1/2 hours to get it. It's saving grace was crazy complete maintenance records from the Toyota Owners website. I am now at 283k miles. The link in my signature will walk you through everything I did to the cruiser that first year of ownership.

Last edited:
Where in Ohio is it?? there are plenty of people on the forum who would be glad to take a look at it for another member (me included) before you drive 5 hrs. to look at it yourself. And as for the dealer not budging on the price I'm sure they will change their minds when someone is there in person, I don't like to negotiate price over the phone either.
It is in Cincinnati Ohio, I would love if some 1 could do that for me, I am willing to pay as well :). 8 doubt they will the carfax says it has been with them since July which tells me something is up with this truck and its not leaving the lot.

Create an account on the Toyota website and enter the VIN in and you should be able to see if it has any dealer service history. Also can do the same on the Lexus owner site just register the truck as yours.
I did that and it goes upto 15, nothing earlier than that. At 175 it has a timing belt change and had two coils changed due to miss fires, also a possible leak from windscreen, and axle boot replacement suggestion by the dealer which was denied by the customer

It is in Cincinnati Ohio, I would love if some 1 could do that for me, I am willing to pay as well :). 8 doubt they will the carfax says it has been with them since July which tells me something is up with this truck and its not leaving the lot.
Other side of the state from me but get on the Ohio clubhouse and ask there, I know there are some folks from Cincy on it.

Other side of the state from me but get on the Ohio clubhouse and ask there, I know there are some folks from Cincy on it.
I am sorry just saw your reply where can I have been looking for the OHIO club house could you post a link to their forum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom