Looking for "Wimpified" Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BudBuilt sliders do not require drilling or welding. However, that does not imply that they are easy to install. It took my mechanic the better part of a day to install them, and he has a lift and a helper.

BudBuilt skids can be had with or without a kick out. You can get them as rock sliders (canted up for more clearance) or as side steps (horizontal for easier stepping). The top can be diamond plate or holes, your choice.

They are heavy (85 lbs each) but enormously strong.

Anyone know wherether either the ARB or Dissent aluminium option will fit an LX? I have the same need as the OP.

They are heavy (85 lbs each) but enormously strong.

Well, if i buy that, then you're asking me to stop eating McRibs every week......and sir, that ain't happening!

I can get you the part numbers later. I know there are two part numbers and they were kind on expensive. I want to say $1000-$1100 ish. I always go with Slee because they’re similar price and far more beefier. But Slee’s bolt in like 12 spots per side. I believe they are steel with the aluminum plate, yes. I’ve only used them once. They are good looking IMO
2 part numbers we used were the step 4415100 and return 4415120

2 part numbers we used were the step 4415100 and return 4415120

Eric, thank you! In installing these, do you still have to maneuver around the KDSS lines? Are these easier to install than say a Budbuilt?

Eric, thank you! In installing these, do you still have to maneuver around the KDSS lines? Are these easier to install than say a Budbuilt?
ARBs are easier to install than BudBuilts. Mostly because the ARBs are designed for much more of what you are looking for. Where the BudBuilt sliders are more for North American off roading.

Threads like this one are why other sections on this board make fun of 200 owners. Either keep your OEM running boards or purchase sliders from a reputable vendor here; Slee, White Knuckle, Budbuilt... Anything else is just a waste.

Just quick search on the web: ARB Summit Series Side Rails and Side Steps Kit for 2016+ Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Series

This one mentions: "Template provided for drilling of the central mount bolt (front rail section)."

So, does this mean that I have to drill into the frame?

Total weight of step AND return = 81.4 lbs per website above. Not that much less than BudBuilt. A member above mention BudBuilt = 85 lbs.
I think the BudBuilt are about 85 each side. I think all you want on the ARB is the Side Steps and no side rails.

Just quick search on the web: ARB Summit Series Side Rails and Side Steps Kit for 2016+ Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Series

This one mentions: "Template provided for drilling of the central mount bolt (front rail section)."

Total weight of step AND return = 81.4 lbs per website above. Not that much less than BudBuilt. A member above mention BudBuilt = 85 lbs.
The drilling is only required if you're mounting the side rails (up along the fenders). For the side steps alone, no drilling.

Threads like this one are why other sections on this board make fun of 200 owners. Either keep your OEM running boards or purchase sliders from a reputable vendor here; Slee, White Knuckle, Budbuilt... Anything else is just a waste.

So be it......people can make fun of my LC and its wimpy “sliders”. I have more important stuff to worry about...but if that is your cup of tea, then bravo!

Nope!

Couldn’t disagree more.

Why would use > 10% of your payload for rock sliders when you’re not rock crawling?

BudBuilt is 85 lbs per side, for a total of 170 lbs.

So be it......people can make fun of my LC and its wimpy “sliders”. I have more important stuff to worry about...but if that is your cup of tea, then bravo!
Couldn’t disagree more.

Why would use > 10% of your payload for rock sliders when you’re not rock crawling?

The answer is right there in my post. Just save your money and stick with OEM running boards instead of throwing $1k at tin can sliders.

The answer is right there in my post. Just save your money and stick with OEM running boards instead of throwing $1k at tin can sliders.

Why? Running boards bolt to the body and are plastic. arb will offer some protection, probably on par with skids. Check expedition portal review of the arb 4runner circa 2005

Do you jog in steel toe boots?

Based on your very first post; get the ARB. Fits your needs 100%. Factory boards look quite boring and modifying your ride is fun and rewarding.

Are the ARBs 81# total or per side?

Are the ARBs 81# total or per side?
I’m showing shipping weight 120lbs in 1 box. Not including the step board. So that would be each for sure

If the ARBs are 81# per side, essentially same weight as the BB or Slee units, I don't see the advantage. BB, Slee, Dissent (maybe their Al units are even lighter), all make good steps, and provide PROPER protection, for the same or similar weight and cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom