Looking for the brightest, widest coverage headlight aftermarket replacements, period. Cost is not an issue here... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Going to be pretty tough to get 1980's technology headlights to be brighter than modern lightbars. In Alaska I have to imagine the population and road density are low enough you could just wire a light bar to your high beams?? I know my two 10" Rigid light bars are much brighter than my high beams.
A retrofit will get you there. Many people up here in AK drive with light bars, but they are incredibly blinding. We don't have many rural roads, because well, we don't have many roads. It may be possible to find DOT approved aux lights though that have a good cut off

I have a 12" lightbar BUT you can't drive with it on all the time. My issue is high quality low-beams that won't blind the oncoming drivers.

A retrofit will get you there. Many people up here in AK drive with light bars, but they are incredibly blinding. We don't have many rural roads, because well, we don't have many roads. It may be possible to find DOT approved aux lights though that have a good cut off
Diode Dynamics have SAE options that are road legal. I run two pair on my 80, a fog and a driving lens (that one is one tied into the high beam circuit). Good lights.

IMG_3198.jpeg

I had a previous vehicle where I ran two two row 10" lightbars and a 40" two row lightbar and that is melt the pavement level lighting that I rarely used, and only offroad or on very deserted roads.

Rigid Retrofits. Go to Instagram and search Rigid Retrofits. Ethan will build according to what you want. Also, try Austin at Freedom Outfitters.

Copy that. Already got a call in to Freedom.

has anyone purchased the lights from freedom outfitters? I’m curious why the website is so vague. When you look up the 80-series lights there are pics and a wall of text but pretty much zero mention of any specifics about what you’re getting for $1,400. I don’t see any mention of what headlight brand they use as a core, no mention of what brand projectors/ballasts/bulbs that are used in their build and no info on what wiring harness they supply.

has anyone purchased the lights from freedom outfitters? I’m curious why the website is so vague. When you look up the 80-series lights there are pics and a wall of text but pretty much zero mention of any specifics about what you’re getting for $1,400. I don’t see any mention of what headlight brand they use as a core, no mention of what brand projectors/ballasts/bulbs that are used in their build and no info on what wiring harness they supply.
All of those are good questions, and when I talk to them - possibly today - I'm going to ask about those things. I suspect they're using Depo light holders, and Morimoto bulbs, but those are just guesses on my part.
When I get that info, I'll post it here (small gratuity required).

All of those are good questions, and when I talk to them - possibly today - I'm going to ask about those things. I suspect they're using Depo light holders, and Morimoto bulbs, but those are just guesses on my part.
When I get that info, I'll post it here (small gratuity required).
I still think it’s strange that info is not posted and you have to hunt down the details. When I had my LX470 lights built by a reputable forum vendor. We got every last detail down before the build took place. There was zero guess work. That’s how it should be. Especially charging $1,400

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom