Looking for some direction on where to start, 4 lights on dash. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2004 LX470

Happens intermittently. When car is started, they'll either be lit up the whole drive, or not lit up the whole drive. Does not effect braking at all when driving that ive noticed. Also the speedometer will not 0 out sometimes, notice I am in park and it is showing 5mph (have seen it stop at 20 and 30 too)

Recently had in shop to look at something else, they told me this was not in their wheelhouse to diagnose. They did give me the codes that were pulled though, C0279, C1223, and C1340.

Any help at all would be appreciated. Thank you.
IMG_1078.jpeg

I'd check the handbook's fuse box diagrams for ABS/ VSC fuses and check those first. Had multiple lights at once 2-3 times and it always turned out to be a cheap fuse :)
Youtube had some hits when I typed in VSC trac VSC off abs and it also showed fuses.

could be many different things, even something as simple as a low voltage battery.

First step would be getting Techstream up to read the codes and go from there.

Whenever I get an odd array of warning lights the first thing I check is for mouse/rat damage somewhere. It's an ongoing problem where I live.

Last edited:
could be many different things, even something as simple as a low voltage battery.

First step would be getting Techstream up to read the codes and go from there.
I replaced the battery and still there. Had same idea since battery was older and had lower voltage. Ill try and get techstream setup and see if that has any more information.

Seems like you have at least two separate unrelated issues...

Regarding the speedometer not reading 0, these clusters have a high failure rate for the stepper motors which move the needles. Based on what I have seen, you likely need your instrument cluster replaced or refurbished. This company (which I have no affiliation to nor have I been a customer of) services these clusters specifically and have videos on removal...

Regarding the ABS Codes, setup techstream, pull the codes, and follow procedures in FSM to chase it down. Lots of good advice here to by searching once you home in a little on the problem. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom