Looking for info about BJ70 and 74 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think the HZJ77's are going to be a huge hit...

gb

Last edited:
Dave said:
I was joking.

I think my jokes are better in person.

In fact I am damned funny most of the time.

Tom, what gasser? PZJ77 is a 5 cylinder diesel.

Oops. Im not familiar with that engine. PZ huh. Hmm.

Sorry.

i have been watching the prices on the HZJ77 at the auctions and the prices are insane even for high milage, less than perfect units.

they will be a huge hit and huge money when they come to the canadian shores.

the PZ is a 115 hp 5 cyl NA diesel. to look at the HZ and PZ side by side it is hard to tell them apart at a quick glance. at this time i know very little about the PZ (one of hte reasons i picked the PZJ75 as a restoration/refurbishing project. No one on this side of the pond has any first hand knowledge on the longevity, fuel economy, highway driving characteristics of a PZJ. I want to see first hand how this engine stands up to my driving habits.
the mines know about the off-road charcteristics of this engine since they have used them for years.
personally there are a couple of us that feel the PZ is a under rated engine that was abused in the mines and developed a blackened reputation.
cheers

case2005 said:
Wayne, if you have a second could you explain "changing a few things....., or green tag"
thanks
if i would have seen this i would have gotten one my son is only 2 so its a pain to put him in to the middy there is guy here who put pz in a 40 and runs in our winch comp does very well :bounce: why cant you guys get them into the states i dont get it :crybaby:

lshobie said:
My first 2 BJ74's will be leaving on July 10th I'm told. I will be bringing in the 2 cruisers and most likely listing both of them shortly after they arrive. One is in very good condition, and the other has a couple of spots of rust and a cracked windshield, neither concern me and I will probably keep it for a while as I love cruisers. I am just in the process of buying more cruisers now, I'll be bringing in an HZJ73, HJ61, and a couple of others to be determined.

I'll be making my website public in the near future.

Regards

Louis
Adventure Auto Imports
Ottawa, Canada

I can't wait to bring one of these in.
this is what i want

sounds like from what everybody said my safest bet is to look for a clean BJ70(if there still is such a thing). Can anybody tell me what kind of options were availble on the 70 series? Does anybody know about any 70's for sale?
Brandon

crushers said:
options on a BJ70... lets see... CND 70s had PS, PB and... that is it...

You forgot turbo or non-turbo (aftermarket add on of course) :)

Michael

crushers said:
ooops forgot those, probably installed to make up for the crappy suspension...

No probably about it in my mind.

The factory sunroof seems rare even on JDM:D
serie7_carros18.gif

Rosco, good call.
here is a kicker for yah, Mike Gozzard has a factory roof/sunroof that he got off a rolled CDM 70 sereis at least 20 years ago. i do beleive he has it sitting in his shop somewhere...
so yes add that option (although i never knew they even existed)
cheers

crushers said:
Rosco, good call.
here is a kicker for yah, Mike Gozzard has a factory roof/sunroof that he got off a rolled CDM 70 sereis at least 20 years ago. i do beleive he has it sitting in his shop somewhere...
cheers

I got told there was no such thing but it seems there is a sunroof available in the 60 series as well:D

Did the canuck 70s get a sun visor?
1HZ PICS 008 (Medium) (Small).jpg

crushers said:
thanks for the recomendation Michael,

Ishobi has a couple coming in (one that is supposed to be very clean) and i think he is keeping one of them for himself.

We recently opened a branch in Ontario with a gent that really knows cruisers and diesels.

the down side:
you can not legaly have a BJ74 in the states.
cheers and good luck in your hunting.
why

stock sun roof

crushers said:
Mike Gozzard has a factory roof/sunroof that he got off a rolled CDM 70 sereis at least 20 years ago. i do beleive he has it sitting in his shop somewhere...
cheers

My '85 '70 has a stock sunroof; the only one I've ever seen so far. For fun, I once priced replacement glass for it at Toyota. Over $350. (That just illustrates the crazy computerized-automatic price increases that all Toyota parts go through).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom