SOLD Looking for an OEM Carb for 12/78 2F - Rebuilt or core (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JustJay

SILVER Star
Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Looking to replace my Weber Carb with an OEM. I've got a 72' 40 with an "upgraded" 2F engine date stamped 12/78. Looking for a stock carb for this engine. Ideally, it'd be re0built and ready to go. But, if I can't find one, I'd be willing to buy a core from someone and have it re-built. If someone wants my Weber core as a trade, I'd be up for that, too.

Last edited:
Looking to replace my Weber Carb with an OEM. I've got a 72' 40 with an "upgraded" 2F engine date stamped 9/76. Looking for a stock carb for this engine. Ideally, it'd be re0built and ready to go. But, if I can't find one, I'd be willing to buy a core from someone and have it re-built. If someone wants my Weber core as a trade, I'd be up for that, too.
Sending a P.M.

Pretty sure I have one rebuilt, ready to go.

You do realize that this is a carburetor that is designed to be used with rod linkage, whereas your truck was designed to use a cable?

Rebuilt sounds great.

Linkage vs cable not so great. I did not realize that. That’s the downside of engine not matching frame. Easy enough to work around? Suggestions?

Good to connect with the guru.

Did this ever get resolved?

Thanks for followup. Decided not to open up Pandora’s box just yet so rebuilt the Weber & all is working well. Thanks again.

J

You can change the tag on your thread from wanted to sold.😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom