Looking for a quality body shop in Greenville (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

My 2014 4Runner was backed in to. Its not bad damage but enough to get fixed. Can anyone recommend a good quality body shop in the Greenville or Simpsonville or Five Forks area. Has anyone heard of Holders Body Works off Sulpher Springs? Looking for options. Thanks.

John

Thanks. I always appreciate word of mouth info on local businesses.

I picked Holders Body Works off Sulphur Springs Rd. They seem pretty decent. We'll see how this goes.

Well, I got my 4Runner back from Holders. They did a pretty good job with it. No complaints with their work. I used to work in a body shop in high school and everything they told me about the repairs was spot on with how I was taught about body repairs. Respectful and straightforward business.

Maaco on Pleasantburg has my 88 right now. Im doing a color change from the stock beige to Toyota Super White (045), but not doing the door jams, (that is $150 per door). I had two small rust holes on each rear fender well about the size of a quarter and 24 screw holes from a roof rack that I paid extra for them to fix. It has other dents in the doors and rockers from a recent trail trip but I didnt have those fixed because this is mainly going to be a trail truck, but also kind of a billboard for my business. I did have to specify that I want at least some of the rough places sanded because parts of this truck had been painted before and it was peeling. Sanding is extra. I stopped by there this morning to check progress and was actually pretty pleased with what I saw. More sanding than I expected, the hole repairs looked good, and they are going to be spraying it with the mid grade paint, the urethane instead of the basic enamel. Note that I removed all the trim, lights, emblems, etc...myself. I also removed the chrome strips that go at the base of the roll down windows. They would have taped everything. Literally everything, the guy said they don't remove anything. Anyway, I will be interested to see how the paint comes out.
Price, $943. Ill let y'all know how it turns out....After the paint, then come the graphics! :bounce:(But Maaco isn't doing the graphics)

IMG_3949.JPG

IMG_3953.JPG

Last edited:
Maaco did my 80 for a decent price, as well. It had some rust issues on the roof, rear hatch, and the front of the hood. It also had a pretty sizable dent on the rear PS pillar that they had to pull the interior to remove. Came out looking great! Still looked good until the light pinstriping from Black Balsam... Probably would've buffed out, but I was too lazy to put in the effort...

I was in a MAACO for the fist time this week Ironically. The first car I saw was a late 90's - early 2000 model Mustang. It was slick and the paint looked really good. It was bright red. It even looked good up close. Then, I noticed the crome tailpipe with, not just overspray, but full spray of paint on it. LOL! I'm guessing the tape girl missed that. I will say that I have a buddy that owns a Body Shop and he does awesome work. He Sprays Spies Hecker (sp?) paint and it comes out great. Of course, he would likely charge $3-5K for what MAACO would charge $1K for.

Let us know how it turns out.

IMG_3959.JPG

IMG_3958.JPG

So Im happy, there's a little overspray around some of the windows which was expected. It isn't done yet, still has to go through its "quality control inspection" or something, so Ill be interested in seeing if they take care of some of the paint lines on the window rubber. If they don't, I will anyway. But the paint application looked good, its definitely super white and has a good shine to it which you can't really see in these pics. A white on tan FJ62, its surprising that they didnt make this color combo from the factory. For comparison, those 40 wheels are not bright white, they're painted a Dupli-Color Stone White, I believe it was. That gash in the drivers side looks more pronounced now, but that lower section will be a little camouflaged with the upcoming GRAPHICS :bounce:which are CLASSIFIED TOP SECRET! And by the way, for my fellow purists out there, all the chrome will be painstakingly reapplied, except the lower rocker trim. That didnt survive Windrock.

Resurrecting this thread looking for updated recommendations if anyone has any!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom