Long Range Tank For 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

more pics
Picture 036.jpg
Picture 037.jpg
Picture 038.jpg

Looks good! So Man-a-fre has these in stock now? Been considering this mod for some time. JT outfitters had a better price but no stock.

Oh, I think your shackles may be on backwards (?).

I have the LongRanger tank from MAF too, same as PismoJim's. So far I'm impressed, range is pretty darn close to 900 miles if driving conservatively on the highway.

Um I know this is old but the math doesn't compute. The MAF tank is 37 gallons. You said you were close to 900 miles. Even if you had a tail wind AND going downhill the whole time, how in the heck did you get near 24 M.P.G.!?!?

Unless its a diesel and I just haven;t researched enough, in which case I sound like an ass right now

It was / is a Diesel.....:clap::clap::clap:

Where is princess anyways??
I heard it was sold to some dude in CA.

Is MAF selling this tanks again?
I thought they discontinued this item.. and were selling only FJ62 Long Range tanks........

Meatsauce.. did you purchase yours from MAF or from a fellow mudder??

Nice tanks ....

I want one......

Hey MeatSauce --

I've got the same tank going into mine--

I'm getting ready to lengthen the Sender arm -- Weren't you worried that welding the ARM would heat damage the sender unit ? Or that wasn't an issue ?

So far I've found the holes for the Sender to be off - no big deal there, but as you say, !#%&^!!* for a $925 part! Stinking MAF -- I hope the body mounting holes are right on this one (for an FJ60) ...

Build quality seems to be good -- Hope it holds up. :D

S.
tank0003.jpg
tank0005.jpg
tank0002.jpg

welding the sender arm

spike strip, i wasn't concerned about the heat affecting the sender. there's only 10mm of overlap that needed to be welded on both ends of the extender peice. plus the material isn't to thick so you don't need alot of juice coming from the welder. as far as the sender holes being off, the sender has a peticular bolt patern on a FJ62. i didn't notice it at first but when i through the seal on i realized it. so check it out before you start to modify.
i paid $730 for mine about a year ago.

ad20k, i had to install the shakles backwards, the springs had to much of an arch to install them the right way. also the exhaust is in the way on the driver side. i plan on turning them around after some exhaust mods.

Yeah -- I think shipping from Oz is the killer... MAF was supposed to get some made locally, but I don't know if that ever worked out.

Just FYI, I was told today that Opposite Lock are no longer selling their 190 litre replacement tank. In Aus there are now only three manufacturers - Brown Davis (175 litre -$915Aud), Long Range Automotive (150 litre -$978Aud) and 4wdSystems (190 litre - $824Aud).

BTW we are paying just under $1000Aud for these tanks, so with shipping the US prices seem pretty good. Having said that in some cases it is cheaper for us to import ARB gear from the US!

The one MAF is selling is the Longrange Automotive.

Oh, I think your shackles may be on backwards (?).

X2, from someone who just had to flip his shackles so that the anti-inversion bar would actually do something.:bang:

I've considered the long range tank, but am probably just going to mod the kaymar to hold more than one fuel can. Seems like there's enough width and strength to hold three cans, provided my rusty frame can deal with the extra load. This also leaves me the option of a second spare if I'm going REAL far.

Spike, thanks for the info, was curious which one they were selling.

Big Tank

I wastold by Man a Fre that the tank I recieved was made in the USA however when I posted the pic's up on BT-60 a couple of folks informed me that from the pics it was the same tank that had come from oz, don't know for sure but it looks just like and attatches just like the tanks i this thread and it's close to 1000.00 with shipping.

Wagon, just need to take off the radiator cap and drive a different cruiser under it.. lol

Last edited:
DROOOOOOL SOME MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But then, where would I put My 33+ propane tank?

OH.... OH.... I got a question! Anyone got a picture of the 50 gal tank?

Oh what is the largest AUX tank that does not go where your spare goes? (that is where My pane tank will go....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom