locrwln's new ride.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll be moving, but I have a little bit of iron laying around that might need a new home....

Just a little update, I picked up a complete rear axle from an IFS mini truck. The best part I paid $40 and it was loose, so no hard work for me. I do need to figure out the gear ratio, but that is cool.

So I now have a front axle complete from an '84 and now a IFS rear axle. That way I can build the axles and then roll them under the truck when I am ready.:grinpimp:

Jack

Last edited:
Zoom Image

That's all I gotta say about that....

Just a little update, I picked up a complete rear axle from an IFS mini truck. The best part I paid $40 and it was loose, so no hard work for me. I do need to figure out the gear ratio, but that is cool.

So I now have a front axle complete from an '84 and now a IFS rear axle. That way I can build the axles and then roll them under the truck when I am ready.:grinpimp:

Jack
Is there an advantage to the IFS axle?

i think mini is 57 and IFS is 60 IIRC

Is there an advantage to the IFS axle?

3" wider I believe.

Yep, that's the one I have 3 link'd. I think it is 58.5 WMS to WMS

i think mini is 57 and IFS is 60 IIRC

The stock mini straight axles WMS front is 55.5", the rear axle is 55", the IFS rear axle is 58" wms. The other benefits are bigger brakes and bigger tubes on the housing (supposedly a little stronger). With the stock 55" axle, with big tires and flex the tires rub in the inner fenders/frame in the rear.

PBP, the taco rear axle is 60".

Jack

Any time....

Nice to see you working on Drippy again. You and I have the same luck when it comes to planning trips away from home here lately. Seems we both plan things on weekends when it's raining/cold/snowing/wind a blowin/ etc. etc....

Drippy get the New Shoes Blues yet?

Drippy get the New Shoes Blues yet?

Yes, she is now sportin' 35's baby. I just have to find the time to pull the rest of the studs out of the tires, but can't argue with the price.

I haven't had a chance to drive it to see how it handles the extra size.

It does look a lot better with the 35's on it though. I will try and get some pictures posted up later.

Jack

:bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2::bounce:

THose look awesome with 35's
How much for and WHAT did you get

:bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2::bounce:

THose look awesome with 35's
How much for and WHAT did you get

Yep it does.

I bought them from Will, he bought some different ones and these are studded, so I have to pull the studs out, but he gave me a good deal and we were able to mount them at his house, so the price was definitely right. Plus I balanced them with air soft pellets the heavy duty ones. I haven't had a chance to drive it, but Drippy rides so bad now, I can't imagine it being worse.

Onto the pics.

p.s. I noticed from the pics, that you can see that Drippy is living up to it's name.
79 toy truck 007.jpg
79 toy truck 008.jpg
79 toy truck 009.jpg

sniff...sniff....
Its beautiful!

K

sniff...sniff....
Its beautiful!

K

Thanks.:D

Let's just say that I got all four tires for less than the price on one 35" tire. I was going to hold out for 37's, but I couldn't pass up the deal.

Lookin' good!! When are you planning on unleashing that beast??

The build probably won't start in earnest until this winter. In the mean time, I will continue to buy what I can when I can.

Like most people, there are other things that have precedence over Drippy, so I have to wait until I have "play" money.

Jack

Nice. I think it has the perfect stance just like it is. Of course, I'm partial to the big tire, low lift look.

I forgot that thing had overloads on all 4 corners for the lift.... Hopefully it doesn't shake too bad. Of course, if you bought those 5.29's you would never get fast enough for them to shake...

Very nice.

Thanks.

Nice. I think it has the perfect stance just like it is. Of course, I'm partial to the big tire, low lift look.

I forgot that thing had overloads on all 4 corners for the lift.... Hopefully it doesn't shake too bad. Of course, if you bought those 5.29's you would never get fast enough for them to shake...

Me too. I am only going to lift it enough to clear the crossover steering (when I buy it). Between the overloads and shackles, I think it has been lifted somewhere in the 2-2.5" range. I am going to put the rears up front and pick up some other springs for the rear. If I can keep the lift in the 3" range and cut whatever rubs, I will be happy.

I think it will be just fine with the stock 4.37's. If I was going with 37's, then I would venture into gearing, but it will stay the way it is with the 35's. I just have to get a few minutes to take it for a spin to see how it handles the larger size.

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom