locrwln's new ride.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We're waiting Jack....

Pics? Plans? Specs?

Yes, I did just rat you out. Under the bus with you......!:popcorn:

Uh oh! Was Darcie out of town or something?!

TAP,TAP,TAP...

Waiting....

TAP, TAP, TAP...

:popcorn:

k

I'll start the bean spilling....

It's sorta white, kinda, I guess you could say.......

It leaks oil......:frown:

It has custom shackles......:grinpimp:

Come on Jack... We're waiting....:bang:

He's probably out putting drip pans under it as we speak.:flipoff2:

Doka?

Jack bought a white land rover!

:grinpimp:

Maybe I should sneak by his house and see..... :cool:

Jack did a bad, bad thing

Sorry, guys, I didn't get to this sooner, been very busy (and no Will, not with the new POS).:flipoff2:

Anyway, it's a 1979 toyota pickup, longbed. It has a Buick 3.8l v6, turbo 350 tranny and PS, PB and tilt wheel. It came with an extra Buick 4.1 (factory bored 3.8), doesn't everyone need an extra motor? Two extra carbs and some kind of larger custom gas tank. It has been rattle canned white with some pine tree boughs in an od green color. I wouldn't call it a 50 footer, more like 75-100 feet.:hillbilly: The driver's front fender took a hit and the passenger front has a small dent. Not a big deal, anything that get's in the way will be cut off anyway.

I have a lot of cleaning to do, but there is little to no rust and it is going to built as absolutely cheaply as possible. Most anything and everything I can get from the junk yard/used/free will find it's way on it. Bob the bed, dual cases and an IFS steering box. Weld the rear axle, aussie the front axle, blah, blah...

Jack

Here are the pics.
79 toy truck 001.jpg
79 toy truck 002.jpg
79 toy truck 003.jpg

Drip, Drip, Drip........

Gear oil is good for wood.....Right????:cool:

Just bustin ya. I think it's going to be a pretty cool ride when you get done.

Hopefully someday soon I'll be settled in a little closer and I can help you out a little. Sometimes help makes projects go a lot faster.

Drip, Drip, Drip........

Gear oil is good for wood.....Right????:cool:

Just bustin ya. I think it's going to be a pretty cool ride when you get done.

Hopefully someday soon I'll be settled in a little closer and I can help you out a little. Sometimes help makes projects go a lot faster.

Luckily, you have a lot of practice with drip, drip...

Also, I forgot to mention in the earlier posts, I only paid $800 for it. And yes it does run, needs some carb work, but what the hell.

Jack

It is pretty sweet. I'm mostly jealous of how smooth it rides....

I am pretty well versed in the drippy vehicle department. That's why my driveway looks like a camo pattern....

FAWK YEAH!!!!!
That RULES Jack!
I LOVE those lil trucks...its always been my first love since I got into wheeling.
If you need any help, dont hesitate.
Im projectless for now, bored off my ass and Rusty Dan took the project away from me that I was gonna start today.:D
I SOOOOO cant wait to see what you come up with.

Congrats.
And also congrats for not trading away your 80!:p

Errr ummm....you DO still have the 80 dont you?

K

I think he's packing for Panamint. Dunno, maybe he found a cave full of Yota parts and he's not sharing...

FAWK YEAH!!!!!
That RULES Jack!
I LOVE those lil trucks...its always been my first love since I got into wheeling.
Im projectless for now, bored off my ass and Rusty Dan took the project away from me that I was gonna start today.:D

Congrats.

K

Thanks, this will be a fairly slow build (read cheap) so I have to wait for both money and the right parts before anything gets done. Besides, I have to make sure I can get the carb tuned up.

Oh no, the 80 is safe and sound. This is for those Fordyce/Rubicon type adventures. Not sure I will have it ready this year, per se, but we will see. :hillbilly: Depends how much I can sneak in. So who has an extra set of 35's lying around?

UMMM, BTW...
Do you two wanna be left alone or something?:eek:

K

That was merely a reference to the number of "quality" vehicles/projects that Will has had/still has at his disposal.:flipoff2: While this is my first hooptie/POS, it is far from Will's. His wife finally banned him.:whoops:

FAWK YEAH!!!!!
That RULES Jack!

Congrats.

K
I'm shooting for getting that back to you tonight.

Oh no, the 80 is safe and sound. This is for those Fordyce/Rubicon type adventures. Not sure I will have it ready this year, per se, but we will see. :hillbilly: Depends how much I can sneak in. So who has an extra set of 35's lying around?

I knew that you should have kept that 4Runner! This will make a great rockcrawling rig though and you probably won't mind denting it as much as you would have with the 4Runner...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom