Lockright locker "slack" issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so i've had a lot of drivline slack for a while, finally narrowed it down to the locker in the rear end. When turning the pinion there is a lot of movement around the drive pin before axle shafts start moving. like i can rock the pinion something like a 1/4 turn back and fourth and watch the locker move on center pin.

I tried new thrust washers and springs and pins as those were cheap and seemingly consumable parts. spoiler, didnt do anything haha.

So my ultimate question does anyone else experience this same thing with their lunchbox?
is it normal? could the tolerances in my locker be worn out? locker has been in for a while.

Without knowing how much slop you actually have....

Yes, the "oval" eye of a lunch box locker makes them do that.

Without knowing how much slop you actually have....

Yes, the "oval" eye of a lunch box locker makes them do that.
Enough to where the clunk it makes when I let the clutch out, is always in the back of my head every time I even think about shifting. Which makes it less fun to drive on the street. That's what my dial indicator says any ways :D

They clunk a lot too..

The shorter wheelbase and lighter weight of my 40 makes driving with the mechanical locker down right scary sometimes, especially on/off throttle in a curve.:steer:

The shorter wheelbase and lighter weight of my 40 makes driving with the mechanical locker down right scary sometimes, especially on/off throttle in a curve.:steer:
Mine is in a 40 also, just has a 60 rear axle is why i posted it here. downright scary is in the rain!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom