local dealer wants my 40 or 45 for the showroom (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Landpimp said:
if I want a FJ thingy

Best description yet...

Oh wait....there is

TURD.

Pimp I think you ought to do it if they take all the cars/suvs out of the showroom and only have all 11+ of your cruisers with the new fj and uzj100 :) kinda like retro toyota week ;)

I'ld consider it if they were willing to do employee pricing plus (depending on how long they wany to hold on to it in the showroom) a rental fee for time your baybee is away from home.

I would not consider it unless they secure it and guarantee it's safety 100%, in writing, with a copy of their insurance rider in your pocket. If some ape fawks up an unreplaceable part on that LV how happy would you be?

I second Dan's comments. I'd probably see an attorney about a contract spelling out consideration, insurance, damages etc. In the end it would protect both parties involved, and fend off some headaches if the $hit hit the fan...

-H-

:eek: You guys are acting like cruisers aren't meant to be driven on the road, much less off road ;) :D

Pimp, I don't know if you are in the market to sell, but I know guy here in PDX sold an Old Mini to Rassis when the new ones came out for big $$$. That outragious price might just be worth it or make them pay a high rental.

not interested even for stupid money.

speyrod said:
Pimp, I don't know if you are in the market to sell, but I know guy here in PDX sold an Old Mini to Rassis when the new ones came out for big $$$. That outragious price might just be worth it or make them pay a high rental.

Barter for a new stock repaint of the 45 and make them sign their life away before you release anything to them (just like when you buy a car from them). ;)

Tell em' you'll do it if they let you park it on TOP of the new fj thingy.

That would be a cool display...for us anyway.

I would let them put mine in the showroom but i doubt you could find any dealer that would want it. Just imagine a 40 on 38s parked next to a new "FJ thingy". Dont think thats the marketing they are looking for.

71-CRUISER said:
i doubt you could find any dealer that would want it. Dont think thats the marketing they are looking for.

I don't know about that. Dealers are going to be using every trick in the book to get customers in to look at the new FJ . . . . even if it means "Here's your chance to come in and see where it all started: The original FJ!"

That clever marketing ploy worked wonders for Ford and the new Mustang, and Chrysler is starting the same thing with the new Charger. People love gawking at vintage classics.

I think he means that next to his massive rig, the FJ Thingy would look even more :princess:

Felix said:
I think he means that next to his massive rig, the FJ Thingy would look even more :princess:

Oh, I absolutely agree with that. But, it's no worse than seeing a 4-dr family sedan "Charger Thingy" sitting next to a genuine 1970 hard-core muscle car. :) It's still going to lure the potential customers into the spider web.

As I've said before:

It's the best option for those of use looking for a mid-sized non-jeep utilitarian vehicle. It's more sane for day-to-day use and costs less than a restored FJ40/55. It looks no more candy than the post-FJ62 landcruisers.

_shrug_ I don't know why y'all gotta hate on it. I'd love to have a restored orange FJ55 diesel. That will cost me 60K *minimum*. Not happening.

Cheers,
prat

Boberino said:
Tell em' you'll do it if they let you park it on TOP of the new fj thingy.

That would be a cool display...for us anyway.

I second this thought

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom