LJ70 alternative engine? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow never knew 2lt can reach 150hp. What kind of tuning does the injection pump needed? Do I have to replace the injection pump? Does it have high performance injection pump available?

150 hp with the 2lt during 10mins... no you will reach this power with the 1kzt !

What is it that you are driving Juan? Is it a non turbo?

Hello Rosco,

I have been back in the jungle lately, driving a 1KZ-powered Hilux. And it is a turbo.

As I said, provided you stay below 100 km/h it is a pleasant ride. It accelerates smoothly. The turbo kicks in at around 60 km/h / 1600 rpm, although I am not sure about the latter.

I tried the truck on a river crossing and rough terrain on 4WD, and the low-rpm torque was enough to get me out of both.

I drove at an ambient temperature of 39 Celsius, with the air conditioning at full; engine temparature stayed normal.

As for fuel mileage, I got around 50 km per US gallon. A full tank lasts forever.

I like this engine.

Juan

Really Wayne, beat a dead blanket:p.

Douch or not, some people like the 2h and others do not....

Rob

Did I miss something here. Topic is on 1KZ-T/ 2LT- ( ) I am staying out of the debate here, but I bet the LC 2s with the 1KZ-T is pretty zippy compared to the 2LT ( ) models

Last edited:
Rosco,
when you are ready to offer a warranty out of your own pocket then your word will count.

read my post again, IN CANADA, till i see the KZ holding up i wouldn't recommend them. 3 months, 6 months, a year is all nothing.
it is easy for you to sit there and spout off how great the KZ is when it doesn't cost you anything if they are dropping over here, now does it?

already they are begining to have head issues, lets see what the new year brings... it took a year before the 2LTE issues really began to show up.

but

it isn't my money, my time or my tow bill (nor yours) so in reality what do i really care?

Just make sure when you tell everyone its a s***ty engine that your experience is based on a few 15 -18 year old JDM imports with an unknown background.
This forum is not about me or the others who own 1KZs offering a warranty,I like 1HZs and 12HTs but Im not offering a warranty on them either.
Inferring that I am "spouting off about how great the 1KZ is" because I do not have to offer a warranty is a cheap crappy shot at silencing someone. Something you are well versed at.
The opinions of vendors is not the final word on this forum.
This forum has always been about members with no pecuniary interest offering unbiased opinions.

Are you sure part of the reason you are not buying KZJ7* is that the auction price in Japan is too high?
Strange that they are in such high demand.

There are a tonne of the KZ and 2LT's (2LT-E's too)here in Germany, many with 3 - 400,000K on the clock still running... Im not saying they are good but I dont think they are all bad either.

I been daily driving an LJ-73 with old 2LT and its sooooooo sweet on gas. Just dont go over 100kp/h.

That said, I only paid 2500 for it so it can die tomorow for all i care.

There are a tonne of the KZ and 2LT's (2LT-E's too)here in Germany, many with 3 - 400,000K on the clock still running... Im not saying they are good but I dont think they are all bad either.

I been daily driving an LJ-73 with old 2LT and its sooooooo sweet on gas. Just dont go over 100kp/h.

I agree 100% ;) ;)

Every day, my dirty and old 2L-T engine (first generation) starts even better and faster than my wife`s Toyota Yaris :hillbilly: :hillbilly: :hillbilly:

When my old 2L-T engine die :doh:, i wil change to a 1KZ-T... :clap:

...1KZ is a good engine (My cousin and too many friends use it)

I not have many more engines options, as the old LJ-70 does not have enough space to install a bigger engine (1HD-T, 1HZ, 12B-T... etc)

Regards from Spain! :beer: :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom