Little Smoky lost her antifreeze (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Took my new 45 that I bought from @ClemsonCruiser out for a drive tonight. Almost home I heard a loud pop and antifreeze came in through the firewall on the passenger side. My partner, Cyndi, was not burned too bad. Scared the crap out of both of us. Limped home. Made it into the driveway and smoke poured from the engine bay. We have been calling her “Little Smokey“ and she earned her name tonight! It was dark so pretty hard to see what has happened. Will look in the morning at damage.

I had put my 200 LC keys on the front gusset earlier of the 45. Drove off with them. Went looking, but think they are gone. What a Friday night!

Sounds like a busted heater matrix! Or plumbing going to it.
My old classic Range Rover did same thing on a big hill towing a car trailer. I bypassed the heater matrix but in time the head gasket let go proper and blew another hose.

HesterSue,
Sorry to hear of the trouble with Little Smoky and I hope Cyndi is okay.

With your particular truck not having a heater, so no lines or connections to blow, my first guess would be the rear freeze plug at the back head or the block. Was everything running well leading up to the loud pop? Did you notice the engine temps getting hot?

JP

JP You are right! It is the freeze plug. Now to find one and figure out how to replace. Thanks
Video not a Toyota engine ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom