Light for Headlight Switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in the process of switching all of my lights over to LED on my 1978 FJ40. I learned through MUD that there is a light in the headlight switch. I ordered a BA7 bulb, thinking mine was just burned out. WRONG! The housing that holds the light bulb is missing.
My question is where can I find a replacement housing to hold the new bulb?

Thank you and glad to have such a resource for information

zIFVGXP.png

EDIT: Its had a short near the switch and the connector was damaged. I am cleaning it up with new weatherpack connectors now.

Yes it will fit a USA spec headlight switch with a dimmer Lit knob socket as @Not A CJ CJ was looking for ,

shop job client I am doing now , ALL 100% OEM Toyota Parts ( except the LED Bulbs )

- OEM green Int. illumination , like dash like and heater control one on triangle bracket

- Blue was a good choice for cluster , it REALLY Pops the cluster Black Backgrounds out !

- Fully polarized so the dimmer rheostat Dims down all LED bulbs

DSCN4855.JPG
DSCN4856.JPG
DSCN4857.JPG
DSCN4858.JPG
DSCN4867.JPG

Last edited:
Just completed a batch of these :

- OEM TOYOTA Lighted knob Head Light's ( No Dimmer )

- Fully Polarized During Refurbish For ...LED equipped OEM Green Tone Bulb

- New OEM Toyota parts Service Connector W/ FJ40 FJ55 75-84 Color Coded OEM tracer stripe Leeds / wire

DSCN4907.JPG

DSCN4889.JPG
DSCN4890.JPG
DSCN4894.JPG
DSCN4895.JPG

Where can we find this gem and what is the cost?

zIFVGXP.png

EDIT: Its had a short near the switch and the connector was damaged. I am cleaning it up with new weatherpack connectors now.
I can’t exactly tell...but I think I have an old, broken remnant of a headlight switch bulb in my housing like yours pictured...is that possible.? They don’t screw in...do they twist in the holder.?? Thanks...new 40 owner.

I can’t exactly tell...but I think I have an old, broken remnant of a headlight switch bulb in my housing like yours pictured...is that possible.? They don’t screw in...do they twist in the holder.?? Thanks...new 40 owner.

Yep, push in and twist.

I've been rebuilding my harness and I just soldered this light socket in to the harness connector. Mine had a short at the light switch and melted the connector.

The piece I would like to source is the fiber optic shaft in the center of the switch. They get cloudy and quite fragile after 40 years or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom