Lift Recommendations Lexus GX470 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another thing to do that helped me is unscrew the sway bar link and the bracket that holds the sway bar. It gives you much more room to manuver the coilovers out.

Sorry 3 in a row. Also. Make sure you support the knuckle when you detach from the lower control arm. I let mine swing for a second and tore my CV boot.

Unscrew outside with Allen key. Turn the bracket and unscrew other side. If it strips grab some pliers and turn the bolt. It's awkward but vice grips work.
sweet! thanks!
I assume you have to drop the top 3 strut bolts out to gain the clearance, then those hex screws pull the module off, then it threads off the shock?

thanks again. I'm trying to get my ducks in a row to be as efficiant as possible when I get into it. time is SHORT. ;)

Sorry 3 in a row.

no worries, all the tips and tricks are super helpful. I've seen support the LCA @ balljoint, I've seen pop the ball joint from LCA for maeuvarability, ETC. ETC.

Bit more complicated but easy. Takethe two bolts off under the rotor that holds the lower control arm. This is where it will start to dangle. Be sure to support the knuckle . Once that is off you will need some leverage to push the lca down slightly once the bottom shock bolt it out. Removing the sway bar bracket will allow you to pull the coilover out front. Take the top 3 nuts off the top. Leave the center nut on. It will come out as one unit .

These are instructions that will kind of be only good if you ordered the new coilovers prebuilt . You will need to do a few other adjustments if not. There are a few videos online that show you how to do it if not.

thanks bunches... again!!
emoji_u1f919.png

I have ran OME on a hilux, FJ40, and an 80. OME does ride stiff but no complaints. For the GX470 I am going to go with Dobinsons twin tube shocks with a progressive rate rear spring. I tow a small trailer so I am going to install Airlift 1000 bags. I looked at Radflo and Icon but do not need (or want) rebuildable shocks and am not desert racing over miles and miles of washboard.

Check out Treatyoak Offroad for Dobinsons info.
Home
Did you end up getting the bags? If so did you use the OEM compressor and controls? Thank you,

Are you still running this setup? How did adding a front bumper affect the suspension? Did you experience and sag?

I have a full OME setup

• Kit Includes:
  • 2 x OME884 Front Coil Springs
    (use OME885 for v8 Trucks)
  • 2 x 90021 Front Struts
  • 2 x 60004 Shocks
  • 2 x OME895 Springs
Also, SPC UCAs. Tires 315/70r17 on TRD Sema wheels
I like the way it rides on- and off- road.

Did you end up getting the bags? If so did you use the OEM compressor and controls? Thank you,

Sorry for the delayed response. I installed the bags. Work great. 7 psi lifted "stock" position for normal driving without towing. 10-12psi raises 1.5 to 2 inches for trailer sag. I did not use the OEM compressor. I wanted more control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom