Lexus LX 03-07 suspension conversion leveling issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. I thought that before I bite the bullet I reach out to see if anyone can confirm that this isn’t a lapse in my [multiple] mechanics expertise. I had my suspension conversion. Got some decent springs put in my 2004 LX470.
Side note: was pressured into the conversion because I needed new shocks, I think he just didn’t want to do it so he told me ditching the perfectly functioning AHC was the right move for future costs. I agreed on condition that the conversion was the same price of the new shocks and that the car would be exactly level as it was. It was way more $ and...

The car is not level. Everything was done right, but the front is low. The torsion bars have been done and are cranked all the way up. It’s at ~17.5” from center in the front and ~20.25” in the back. The back appears to be at the same height it was before all around (/it may be a bit higher, maybe 1” max, which I know is good for if I have a heavy load in the back now that there’s no AHC.)
Anyways, it’s lower than it was before in the front. Pretty noticeable, unless parked at the right angle on an uneven ground—lol.

I’ve been told by three shop people that I need a front end lift. I’m about to schedule it, but am wondering...is this real? I read a few threads but the photos were all REALLY low in the front and had to do with cranking the torsion bars... which is basic...
Also, I’ve given it almost 3 months to see if the springs would settle. I assume they’ve settled...

Any insight appreciated!
Thanks!

You need new torsion bars. OEM lx bars won't cut it.

You probably have new rear springs and shocks.

It sounds like the t-bars need to be re-indexed, if your saying they can't be cranked any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom