Lexus Credit Card Key Successfully programmed on 2016 LC #89904-53512 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm kind of glad I have a mac. I'd be tempted to DIY if I still had a windows laptop.

BTW, I was not able to get my card programmed today. Turns out I got the wrong one. If anyone needs 89904-50642 let me know. My mechanic didn't charge me since he knows I'll be back with the right one and since he's never seen one of those cards, he's curious to see it work.

A friend of mine just got a BMW X7 and it came with a smart card. As thin as a credit card, maybe even a bit thinner.

I need one. Can you msg me? Thanks!

I'm kind of glad I have a mac. I'd be tempted to DIY if I still had a windows laptop.

BTW, I was not able to get my card programmed today. Turns out I got the wrong one. If anyone needs 89904-50642 let me know. My mechanic didn't charge me since he knows I'll be back with the right one and since he's never seen one of those cards, he's curious to see it work.

A friend of mine just got a BMW X7 and it came with a smart card. As thin as a credit card, maybe even a bit thinner.

Are you sure you ordered the wrong card? It is the HYQ14ABB? If so, it should be the right card for a 15.

It may be used and need an unlock. When I bought my old one, it was used and techstream would not do anything with it until I had it unlocked. If you bought on Ebay, you should return it!

Are you sure you ordered the wrong card? It is the HYQ14ABB? If so, it should be the right card for a 15.

It may be used and need an unlock. When I bought my old one, it was used and techstream would not do anything with it until I had it unlocked. If you bought on Ebay, you should return it!
That appears to be what I got. See pics below. Seller, Bell Lexus of Scottsdale sold it as new. As I mentioned before, battery was dead and card looks brand new. That doesn't mean programming wasn't attempted and package resealed. I can go to local locksmith but if it doesn't work there, they'll still charge me. Not sure what to do. Tempted to order from someone else and return to Bell.

But, does this look like the right one for a 15? ebay listing showed it was for an 07 LS looking back at it.

fullsizeoutput_21a6.jpeg

LCAW9tO3Taac6UGTGhb4YQ.jpg

That appears to be what I got. See pics below. Seller, Bell Lexus of Scottsdale sold it as new. As I mentioned before, battery was dead and card looks brand new. That doesn't mean programming wasn't attempted and package resealed. I can go to local locksmith but if it doesn't work there, they'll still charge me. Not sure what to do. Tempted to order from someone else and return to Bell.

But, does this look like the right one for a 15? ebay listing showed it was for an 07 LS looking back at it.

View attachment 2103001

View attachment 2103002
It may have been previously programmed. I had this guy unlock 2 cards and few buddies had him do their card as well. Same day turn-around. Unlock SERVICE For Lexus Smart Card Proximity Remote HYQ14CBB HYQ14ABB HY14AEB | eBay

That part number looks like 2008 only. 89904-50642 Genuine Transmitter for 2008 Lexus LX570 Part# 89904-50642 | Lexus OE Parts

2015 would be 89904-50481 Genuine Transmitter for 2009-2015 Lexus LX570 Part# 89904-50481 | Lexus OE Parts

In 2009 they changed to Texas Gen 2 crypto. I'm not sure a 2008 card will work on any other year than 2008...

I have that same card, and it programmed fine on my 2011 after it was unlocked. Many online ebay and other sites show it to be compatible up to 15.

Same Lexus part number?

The FCCID (HYQ14ABB) is the same on many of the remotes but doesn't always refer to the crypto or revision of what's inside.

I have that same card, and it programmed fine on my 2011 after it was unlocked. Many online ebay and other sites show it to be compatible up to 15.

Same Lexus part number?

The FCCID (HYQ14ABB) is the same on many of the remotes but doesn't always refer to the crypto or revision of what's inside.

Yes, the exact same card. When I started my project I also reached out to a remote programming site. The confirmed at the time that the FCC ID determines what key programs to which vehicle. I would think that either of the above part numbers would work on a 2015. I know the card that you list as 08 only definitely works on a 2011. Either fasteddie2015 had two bad batteries, his mechanic doesn't know how to program, his card is defective, or it has been programmed already.

I tested the both batteries since there’s no led to show if it’s working. Just something I always do. So it’s not the batteries. My mechanic (former Lexus master mechanic) has been sent by Toyota to Turkey to debug up armored vehicle electrical problems. So it’s not him ;).

normally things come new with batteries insulated or separate. Since this was neither I suspect the Lexus dealer sent me one that was previously programmed. If someone more curious than me wants to finance this experiment let me know. Otherwise it’s going back to Bell Lexus. It would cost me $75 to get my local locksmith to reset then reprogram.

I tested the both batteries since there’s no led to show if it’s working. Just something I always do. So it’s not the batteries. My mechanic (former Lexus master mechanic) has been sent by Toyota to Turkey to debug up armored vehicle electrical problems. So it’s not him ;).

normally things come new with batteries insulated or separate. Since this was neither I suspect the Lexus dealer sent me one that was previously programmed. If someone more curious than me wants to finance this experiment let me know. Otherwise it’s going back to Bell Lexus. It would cost me $75 to get my local locksmith to reset then reprogram.

You can mail it to a locksmith to get unlocked, but you shouldn't have to with a "new" key. I'd return and repurchase from Norfolk Toyota directly (coupon code floating around here somewhere thanks to Ruben at Norfolk).

Edit: FWIW, my battery was also installed and not insulated.

Last edited:
Here is the back of (89904-50481):

1570658236905.png

Here is the back of mine that I had successfully programmed on my 2011 Land Cruiser (89904-50642), which matches the card@fasteddie2015 has that won't program :
1570658295772.png

And the back of my card that successfully programmed on my 2016 (89904-53512):

20191009_150011.jpg

What is the best price you guys are getting for the credit card remote?

I bought my old one used for about $100 then shipped it to a locksmith to unlock for about $17 (found on Ebay).

My new one was about $209-the 3% discount code Ruben at Norfolk posted on Mud. Since I was unsure what would work on the 16th, I didn't want to fool around with Ebay, so I paid a bit more to get from a retailer.

Unlocked can be easily found for $150. Used in need of unlock sometimes go for as little as $75.

I bought my old one used for about $100 then shipped it to a locksmith to unlock for about $17 (found on Ebay).

My new one was about $209-the 3% discount code Ruben at Norfolk posted on Mud. Since I was unsure what would work on the 16th, I didn't want to fool around with Ebay, so I paid a bit more to get from a retailer.

Unlocked can be easily found for $150. Used in need of unlock sometimes go for as little as $75.

Mind if you post the discount code here? Thanks!

Thank you

for the additional steel key , is norfolk toyota cutting it, or you having local dealer do it?

Thank you

for the additional steel key , is norfolk toyota cutting it, or you having local dealer do it?

I had a locksmith do it. Was about $18. I had to call around to find a locksmith that could do it (one other quoted me $50 and most could not do it in my town).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom