Lexus Credit Card Key Successfully programmed on 2016 LC #89904-53512 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had a locksmith do it. Was about $18. I had to call around to find a locksmith that could do it (one other quoted me $50 and most could not do it in my town).
Thank you. I emailed my dealer and got the following response. Initially they said not doable. Then i sent a link to this thread:

“My fault, my bad....He checked it by your vin number, which is what we do when we check any part. However, the one exception to that is the credit card key. When you check it on the parts catalog, it says no go but you are correct. So credit card key is also 2 parts and is $394.07. And, I was wrong on programming too. Programming a reg key or credit car key is $94.50. To program you must have one key with all the buttons working.”

Thank you. I emailed my dealer and got the following response. Initially they said not doable. Then i sent a link to this thread:

“My fault, my bad....He checked it by your vin number, which is what we do when we check any part. However, the one exception to that is the credit card key. When you check it on the parts catalog, it says no go but you are correct. So credit card key is also 2 parts and is $394.07. And, I was wrong on programming too. Programming a reg key or credit car key is $94.50. To program you must have one key with all the buttons working.”

Yikes. Get one online and a techstream cable!

What is the best price you guys are getting for the credit card remote?
I got mine for $65 on ebay, bought the one that someone posted the link to a while back. Waiting for it to get unlocked at the moment.

Just did mine. 2017 Lx570. Took like 5 minutes to program using techstream. Waiting for key from Amazon.

A7223081-CECC-4173-ABCC-48C466CE4BE2.jpeg

013CCEF5-F789-4BAC-BA03-25EA6A9B6152.jpeg

Success! The locksmith had never seen one but didn't seem to matter. Took just a few minutes and worked like a charm. Helps to have the right one. Now to figure out what to do with my 2 sided emergency key. Locksmith suggested a magnetic key holder, but not sure I'm comfortable with that solution.

fullsizeoutput_21b1.jpeg

OK. What to do with the two sided emergency key if you can't use a one sided lexus key? I had the locksmith use a borescope to see if the LC lock really has tumblers/wafers on both sides. Unfortunately, the lock has action on both sides.

> I can put the emergency key on my keyring, but wasn't the point to get stuff off the key ring?
> Magnetic key holder hidden somewhere? Duct tape the key somewhere in case its needed? Magnetic holder can slide or bounce off and not sure I want the key where someone might find it.
> Is the only concern that the battery goes dead in the smart card? Could hide a battery somewhere. Its an odd size you're not likely to find in a 7-11. Any other concerns about smart card failures?
> Lexus used to make a 2 sided key that slipped into a credit card sized holder. My 99 GS came with one. Wonder if they're still available.

So if you're using the smart card key, what did you do, if anything, for your 2 sided emergency key?

OK. What to do with the two sided emergency key if you can't use a one sided lexus key? I had the locksmith use a borescope to see if the LC lock really has tumblers/wafers on both sides. Unfortunately, the lock has action on both sides.

> I can put the emergency key on my keyring, but wasn't the point to get stuff off the key ring?
> Magnetic key holder hidden somewhere? Duct tape the key somewhere in case its needed? Magnetic holder can slide or bounce off and not sure I want the key where someone might find it.
> Is the only concern that the battery goes dead in the smart card? Could hide a battery somewhere. Its an odd size you're not likely to find in a 7-11. Any other concerns about smart card failures?
> Lexus used to make a 2 sided key that slipped into a credit card sized holder. My 99 GS came with one. Wonder if they're still available.

So if you're using the smart card key, what did you do, if anything, for your 2 sided emergency key?

I stated above that a one sided key would not work, I had already confirmed with a locksmith.

I carried an extra battery when I had my 11. The only issue is if the car battery dies. Then no entry to pop hood...

I stated above that a one sided key would not work, I had already confirmed with a locksmith.

I carried an extra battery when I had my 11. The only issue is if the car battery dies. Then no entry to pop hood...
Yeah, sorry. Forgot. If car battery dies, you'd need the emergency key just to be able to jump the LC. Gotta carry a house key so what's one more key I guess. The old Lexus wallet key is looking better and better.

Yeah, sorry. Forgot. If car battery dies, you'd need the emergency key just to be able to jump the LC. Gotta carry a house key so what's one more key I guess. The old Lexus wallet key is looking better and better.

Did you ask your locksmith how much it would cost to rekey to a single tumbler lock (I'd want the glove box done too if I were doing it). That would, of course require you to get new keys for your FOBS as well (I assume the newer key fobs fit into the old ones).

I have key card on the way to me. Can someone post instructions how to program it with techstream? I know how to change configuration options but have not done yet a key. Thx!

so can anyone post pictures of what a one sided key vs a 2 sided key looks like in comparison to my L shaped key from my LX570?

Are the OEM L shaped LX570 keys a one sided or 2 sided key?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom