Let's talk Storage Containers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

titanpat57

Bigfoot?!...never heard of him...
SILVER Star
Threads
So I'm looking to replace my SKB boxes I keep my kitchen stuff in. I know they are tough as they come, but you pay for that in weight. I've been looking for a solution that would fit on a 4' long camp table, and still give me the same room area, or at least close.

I already have a couple of large Plano boxes, and I'm very happy with them. Light, strong, seal tight....win, win. So that was naturally a 1st choice when shopping to replace the SKB's. I found the size that would work well, still hold everything, and finally. a really nice price. Half of what Amazon wanted.

I buy a lot of stuff from Zoro at work, and they really are becoming a "go to" resource for me, often!

Found them at Home Depot (in stock!) for $16!!

mine came...they're just as tough as the other Plano containers I have. I don't know why you'd buy some of these other options(Wolfpack, ROAM, etc) that are 5x's as much , or more.

Found them at Home Depot (in stock!) for $16!!

mine came...they're just as tough as the other Plano containers I have. I don't know why you'd buy some of these other options(Wolfpack, ROAM, etc) that are 5x's as much , or more.

$16 - that's insane. I've had two similar Plano boxes for 8-9 years with zero issues (mine have wheels on one end to help drag them around the garage).

Good find - anyone in need of gear boxes should pick these up.

Duplicate.....whoops

guys, will these plano work on the roof long term, or are they not very UV stable? i have light gear to store in them, i have the low profile 45 plano sportsman. i dont think they are HDPE (which i understand is best for UV). thoughts?

I've had my Plano boxes sitting outside in the Arizona sun with no material issues. I added some weatherstripping to the inside rim of the lids which has worked incredibly well for keeping out rain and dust when they are on the roof.

For anyone looking, the olive color version of these are available at Cabela’s online for pretty cheap. $15 for the 56qt, $20 for the 68qt, and $40 for the rolling 108qt. Plus free shipping over $50. I haven’t purchased yet as I’m not totally sure I need them, but I’m tempted!

TheGrrrrr.
hey arizona, how long have those bins been outdoor without getting brittle or weak? we are in utah

TheGrrrrr.
hey arizona, how long have those bins been outdoor without getting brittle or weak? we are in utah

They have spent the last 10 months outside this year in partial sun. Probably been using them for 5 years total. Most of which has been in the garage except for 3-4 trips/year where they live on the roof rack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom