Left turn indicator comes on when brake pressed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thebovees

Driving Cruisers since '67
Threads
A strange one! When I press the brake peddle the left turn indicator lights. In this condition none of the outside lights go on. If I then activate the turn signal, either left or right it goes away and the proper turn indicator flashes. I have all LED lights installed with new LED flasher and no resistor. Checking the manual schematics I can find nothing close to allow this.

Sounds like it may be a bad ground somewhere. Had a very similar thing on my Fj40 recently, which is totally different wiring I know, but wouldn’t hurt to check all of your (-) grounding locations.

Sounds like it may be a bad ground somewhere. Had a very similar thing on my Fj40 recently, which is totally different wiring I know, but wouldn’t hurt to check all of your (-) grounding locations.
Agree, checking the schematic I have not found any thing close yet.

Agree, checking the schematic I have not found any thing close yet.
Also, as I understand it, the LED's are "direction specific" and that may be part of the problem. I'm not a sparky, but @Malleus may be able to help here.

I had a similar issue with LED bulbs. If I used either turn signal it would cancel Cruise control.
There is some sort of feedback loop happening that a properly placed diode should take care of. However my fix was to simply go back to analog lamps.

what Jon said

One would think that the "Diode" part of LED would keep it from feeding back but, no. Some are worse then others. This is why some lose cruise control during turn signal and (or) headlights on. It thinks you stepped on the brake.

Looks like I found the cause; the "trailer light adapter". I disconnected it and the lights all went back to normal. So, I shall get a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom