LED Madness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received samples of these today...
IMG_20110531_184209.jpg

Those look promising...

Ok, Clue in the clueless. :hmm:

Those look promising...

Yes, reverse lights. I think I would rather go with a 3W Cree though. I want mini flood lights for backing up. I have no real way of testing these till my shawty gets back from Hilton Head. I may start a new thread on exterior lighting at that time.

Yes, reverse lights. I think I would rather go with a 3W Cree though. I want mini flood lights for backing up. I have no real way of testing these till my shawty gets back from Hilton Head. I may start a new thread on exterior lighting at that time.

you need more than 3W with that tint you have...

I too want hella (not to be confused with Hella) bright reverse lights. Wont upgrade mine unless it makes a significant difference.

LX470/2007 Feedback

1. Need to put the photo with the labels, currently buried in the thread,on the #1 stickie post or pop a copy in the package. ;)
2. The reading light spacers are pretty tight, not sure how they well they will stay on on rough roads, but they fit.
3.Used single 48 light panel with smaller connector in center of 2nd row lights. Found it was much easier to just take the light fixture out to fit the lights. Can hold the connectors from both sides that way. Four screws, no problem.
4. Used the spare small square reading light for the 3rd row light. I'll see how it works tonight.
5. Received two 40(?) light panels with a connector that was spring loaded. Even fully compressed they won't into any of the ceiling light mounts. Not sure if the intent was for them to work like the 48 panel I received. May be a LX vs LC thing. Basically every roof light uses the same small connector.

Haven't done the doors yet, but so far real pleased with the lights, particularly for the price.

Cheers...

LX470/2007 Feedback

1. Need to put the photo with the labels, currently buried in the thread,on the #1 stickie post or pop a copy in the package. ;)
2. The reading light spacers are pretty tight, not sure how they well they will stay on on rough roads, but they fit.
3.Used single 48 light panel with smaller connector in center of 2nd row lights. Found it was much easier to just take the light fixture out to fit the lights. Can hold the connectors from both sides that way. Four screws, no problem.
4. Used the spare small square reading light for the 3rd row light. I'll see how it works tonight.
5. Received two 40(?) light panels with a connector that was spring loaded. Even fully compressed they won't into any of the ceiling light mounts. Not sure if the intent was for them to work like the 48 panel I received. May be a LX vs LC thing. Basically every roof light uses the same small connector.

Haven't done the doors yet, but so far real pleased with the lights, particularly for the price.

Cheers...

Ummm...I am utterly and completely confused. PM me.

TheFuzz said:
I think you both are. :lol:

X3. Had zero fittment issues with the LC. However. I much prefer the static mount to the goofy springy one. Mine kept shorting out. Got it to work eventually and it's been good for 2-3 weeks now.

Here are pics of my center overhead and rear overhead, still brighter than stock, but losing LED's pretty quick. I've had these in for exactly 1 month.

That was the bad batch...I am sending replacements to people who have this problem. PM me your address. I talked to the company that makes these and they say that they think solder joints are breaking during shipping. Is there a way you can confirm (by peeling the adhesive layer off the back and visually inspecting?). I am now getting better wrapped bulbs.

Here are pics of my center overhead and rear overhead, still brighter than stock, but losing LED's pretty quick. I've had these in for exactly 1 month.

I have the exact same problem on all of the rectangular LEDs. I'll be happy to pull the back off and check solder joints if you'd like me to.

You have PM.

-Rob

I too want hella (not to be confused with Hella) bright reverse lights. Wont upgrade mine unless it makes a significant difference.

I purchased the Cree reversing LEDs that anthonycds recommended and now instead of side-swiping the bushes and shrubs on my driveway i can see all the way down to the road. They are that good!
cheers
peter

Hey guys, The mods see this thread as morphing away from a tech discussion and into a full blown sale thread (and I agree). I am going to move this to over to the Merchandise Storefront area. I'll create a link over to it in my sig. Also, I have a few outstanding issues with the 48 LED panels that I am working through with various members. If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me.

Thanks for helping make this a successful venture for all of us!

pfran42 said:
I am going to move this to over to the Merchandise Storefront area. I'll create a link over to it in my sig

Pretty sure woody mentions his resentment for selling stuff in your sig line somewhere. Who am i to talk. I second the tank you to the mods for not making this the Lexus Forum and deleting pdrans thread from post 1.

I have the same thing going on. :frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom