LED Light and Wiring Tech and Classifieds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How is using LEDs in the stock housing any better than sticking HIDs in there with respect to glare and blinding other drivers? The cops here will pull you over for that now.

How is using LEDs in the stock housing any better than sticking HIDs in there with respect to glare and blinding other drivers? The cops here will pull you over for that now.

I wonder the same thing. However, something had to be done. I couldn't see sh!t with my old lights.

I haven't had anyone flash me yet thinking I have the high beams on by mistake.

It is just a brighter bulb technology and it draws alot less power.

The cops will real busy with the new GMC truck OE lights then. they are the worsti have seen in my driving. also Cadillac tail lights.

Cadillac tail lights are the worst. Insanely bright rows of led's

Thanks @wngrog. My head lights were pretty dim last night so I just ordered a set of each.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Before

Found some electrical gremlins in the piggy headlights. Making the LED leap. Good info in this thread.
Screenshot_2016-05-23-15-18-00.png

My plug and play Amazon bulbs in the 100 are unreal. Likely way too brite actually. I get flashed a lot.

The 60 has these bulbs too in Roundeye housings and they too are stupid bright. Not very focused like the ones Racer65 is selling.

Gots me some Starks for the 4Runner

High beams were 30 seconds a side but the lows took some grinding to get them into the projectors.

White light is the best.

One side done

IMG_1790.JPG

Both sides
IMG_1798.JPG

Here's the grind

IMG_1792.JPG

I have them in LX projectors and they rock.

Best $$$$ you can spend on lighting.

I am sure someone will go all $1500 on retrofit this and that. For $90 my s*** is bright and way more useful.

These arrived today.

0111171140.jpg

That is a my engineers scale laying across the top. They measure right at 9" in diameter. Plan is to make a set of mounts to get them on the front of the mid-tube on the ARB.

Erin said they were obnoxious, but she liked them. I had to see how they looked, I will get a better picture in the daylight.

0112172002.jpg

They sit dead on top of the center tube. Thinking I can trim a section out of the tube and drop in a piece of plate with some nuts welded to the underside to mount them to, or something like that.

Better picture in the daylight.

0122171612_HDR-1.jpg

Anyone got source for weatherpack connectors? I found some kits on Amazon, but was curious if any of you guys have other places you have had good luck with.

Thanks

Just wondering if all of you guys are still loving the stark led for headlights? Just ordered some. They have some "2.0" ones now. I had the trucklites in my 4Runner so going to stock 80 series headlights kind of sucked

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom