LED Light and Wiring Tech and Classifieds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just got a set of LEDs for my FJ-60 just in time for Daylight savings :rolleyes:

These things are beautiful. Plug and play. The little chrome rings that hold them in place even work.

Very clean. Crazy bright from what I can tell.

The only weird thing is that they are wired backwards for my 60. With brights on they are on dim and when I take the brights off (pull lever back on column) they go to bright.

Thoughts on that?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

They even have pigtail to work on modern trucks like Heeps with round lights.

I have found out after changing most everything in the LX to LED. LEDs are not turly polarized like hallogen bulbs. So they use hot and ground to power ballast and there the polarity goes to the light.

I had issues with some 9005 bulbs.

I like the Stark bulbs I got from Amazon. They were about $60 to the door via prime.

Stupid bright.

Stock harness @FJ60Cam ? If so an aftermarket or home made harness that powers directly from the battery via relays Would help a good bit. I put one of slee's on the 80 and it perked the halogens up considerably

Stock harness @FJ60Cam ? If so an aftermarket or home made harness that powers directly from the battery via relays Would help a good bit. I put one of slee's on the 80 and it perked the halogens up considerably

It's the stock harness. If I switch to LED, would those work on the stock harness?

You will need a resistor in line somewhere. I had the same issue when I put my lifetime LEDs in my 3rd gen. They sent me another box I installed in line with the drivers. I still don't have a high beam indicator, but I did finally get everything else working. I do get a lot of radio interference with them on though. The lower powered stations and farther off stations get cut out when they are on. If you use an iPod or Sat radio it won't matter as much, but if you listen to FM then at night you may have some issues.

It's all about getting a good reflector housing. I have great bulbs like that in my 100 but they are lost in the crap housings. No focus.

These were $110 each. That's not bad if I can get them working right. Great color and beam pattern.

I have them in my 100 Andy. They are good but the housings don't focus the light. It's a better color but a marginal upgrade.

Need the full projector housing to get them right.

@Bomar will some flavor of these work in the 100?
Andy, I just ordered some, and I'll report back. Like Nolen said, an awful lot depends on the reflector shape and condition. In particular, the OEM 100 light assemblies seem to lose a lot of their reflective coating over time (yours probably a lot less than ours, due to yours being much newer and yours are also the newer housing design.)

Thanks for the link, John. I'll take photos of my lights (one is newer, one appears to be original, and the visual difference in the reflective coating is pronounced). Also, the bulbs will be here tomorrow, so I'll take some photos of the before and after light output (I'm not really crazy about the blueish color of a 6,000K bulb, but we'll see how they look. Right now, I have 4,300K HIDs in the low beams and halogen incandescent in the highs. The lows look perfect, color-wise and brightness, but when you turn on the highs, it looks like you turned on a bright light behind a yellow film.

Last edited:
I was in front of Nolen last year from park and they seemed better than what I have in my 99. They look great in but it is still on jack stands. Getting parts this week to have back on 4 wheels wed night if all goes well.

Do you have a picture of the guy you bought that 470 from?

I'm guessing he looked like this:
guido04.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom