LED ebay tail light issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lt1fire

SILVER Star
Threads
All of my tail lights on my new to me 100 were cracked so I got some of the ebay tail lights since the ones that were on my 80 were pretty good.

They fit and look good, although i'm going to smoke the lenses a bit.

Only iss is the tail gate lights don't come on when the lights are turned on, only when the brake pedal is pressed. The outer ones as you can see in the picture are one with the lights.

Anyone else experience this or know why this may be?

upload_2017-5-10_10-11-33.png

that's the way they are wired as I noticed that on mine on my old 100. you could tap the running light wire to mimic the factory setup

Weird they would wire them like that... yeah may have to tap into that to fix it

thanks for the info figured I couldn't mess something up as simple as a tail light install and since they were coming on for the brakes I knew the connection and bulbs were good.

tested my factory lights just to make sure I wasn't crazy they come on with the headlights

That's how the tails are connected from factory in Europe, and afaik also in Asia. Only the outer part is tail light, the inner part (on the tailgate) is rear fog light, with a 21 W bulb.

I have noticed, by watching this site, that in the US the tail lamps are connected differently (non-standard, for me) and that I could also do the same, to actually have 4 tail lights, with a 5/21 W bulb for the inner/fog just as there is a 5/21 W bulb in the outer part for tail/brake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom