Leather Options - December 2016 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm searching for leather covers for my 2000 Land Cruiser. I'm surprised by how many options exist for getting replacement seats for my front row - so I've tried to create a short list of my findings. I'm hoping to get feedback from those who have purchased and/or installed leather covers for their 100 series trucks. Thank you!

- MetricTLC - $865+ Notorious on the forums for very poor communication and incorrect or no shipment of products in '14 and '15 - only added to this list as quality is apparently top notch on the kits. Notes say that the kits have leather seating Surfaces (so rest must be vinyl), drum dyed (color goes through).

- Cruiserparts.net - $765+ Interestingly, some of their product photos are the Same photos on MetricTLC's website. I wonder why...? Lots of options available.

- LSeat - $300+ Most intriguing, can order from their website or eBay. SKU S050235a. Had some communication through eBay with them, and talked with a proud owner of the seats here on the forums. Owner says the color is a little different, but the texture is most different between the OEM seats, otherwise a great deal. Made in Columbia (like Land Cruiser Heaven), supposedly a 20 day turnaround. Can request samples on their website.

- Land Cruiser Heaven - $580+ Limited options on the website, says they are Made in Columbia (like LSeat, might be the same product?)

- Roadwire - $2,200+ all 3 rows, still waiting on quote for only 1st row. Price includes installation by a professional at multiple locations around the US.

- Local Installer - Got a quote from a local installer (panhandle of Florida) for $825 for front row leather and center console cover. Going to see the quality of his work and of the leather soon. Dash is horribly cracked, so I need a custom dash cover that isn't made of carpet or velour, so I'm hoping he can make it happen.

- Katzkin - Unfortunately they do not seem to make a leather seat kit for the LC/LX 100 series. bummer.

Looking for wisdom, other options, pros/cons, anything is good! I'm also trying to figure out what color my OEM leather is...

IMG_4454.JPG

I was quoted ~$1700 for the Roadwire first & second row installed, from Roadwire. The one thing I noticed is the pebble grain on the Roadwire kit is more pronounced than the factory leather. The sample seemed of good quality, thick, yet soft.

I am having mine done as I type this, i hope to be able to provide a review later this week.

I used the MetricTLC on both my 80 series and my 100 series- very happy with the quality vs price point.

I called a local Toyota dealer, and they could no longer order them. i have the L seats sample, but the leather doesn't seem to match.

For the front seats I would go with the L-seat option- Cant beat the price for real leather-lots of good reviews across many forums- Porsche - BMW- guys have good things to say- and a few here have installed with good reports.

I installed Dim Gray Lseat covers 2 mos ago. Only complaint is with the stitching: will probably have to pull them and reinforce the seat stitching. Texture is more pebbled than OEM leather but for $300 these are a great value.

IMG_4025.JPG

IMG_4029.JPG

IMG_4032.JPG

IMG_4033.JPG

I put off for a couple years... the lx470 my wife drives (and loves) and she was use to new bmws every few years and still wants her lx470 her only complaint was the cracked front seats ... not bad like yours but worn and one small split...
I just ordered the fronts from Lseat. and I'm not sure that is not what I have on my black LC, because it had new leather on the fronts when I got it, and it's very thick like what I've seen from Lseat and just a little off color but IMHO better than oem... I'll install it myself I don't know delivery time... will post results

abuck: I tried to puff up the seat foam with a clothes iron to little effect. No steaming on the leather.

I found another source: leatherseats.com out of Oklahoma City. $699 for the front row (no center console). $15 for a yard of matching vinyl to try and cover the center console, or $80 for a 1/4 hide of leather. $30 shipping. 2.5-3 weeks of processing time + shipping time. Interestingly, a pocket is included in the back of the seat (like the LX).

Also found out that Roadwire.com's price for just the first row is $1,299, but also does not include the front console. Is sending out some samples.

Eventually I'm going to have samples from all these companies so I can do a full photo comparison!

abuck: I tried to puff up the seat foam with a clothes iron to little effect. No steaming on the leather.

If it matters , steaming it will smooth out the wrinkles and give a little tighter fit. Any auto upholstery shop will have one and prob do it for $20.

Keep us updated on the stitching and if it holds or starts to loosen more. That might deserve an email to LSeat if it gets worse.

If these are imported from Colombia, I suspect (based on the price) they probably utilize contract sewing,( people that sew from home). It's common practice in SA. So quality may differ slightly from one contractor to the next. Still that wouldn't steer me away from the product.

Has anyone considered the perforated option?

I'm running the lseats.com product and am happy. Especially considering the price. But I wasn't expecting a restoral quality job - actually went with a two color seat thinking I would be pulling the middle row at some point as the truck gets more into it's planned vacation toy role.

A few years back I installed in my daughter's Lexus ES a set of front & rear replacement leather from leatherseats.com. Can't say what their product is like today, but those were of good quality and a very good match in color/texture to other interior trim.

I looked at the Lseat. my interior is grey and I hate the monotone of the interior. too dark for my tastes. I wonder what the brown saddle leather would look like in my truck. Think it would look stupid if the front's were a different color from the rear? probably. 300 for new seat skins seems like a hell of a deal.

A little off topic, however, can anyone point me to any post or website that may have a seat relocation bracket for a 2004 LX 470. I installed one in my LX 450 however I would like an option To move the driver seat back a few inches to provide more room.

a large injection needle hooked to your compressor and inserted into your foam a hundred times or so will help restore your foam to it's original shape guess your need to steer clear of your heated seat parts... but it is common practice to restore the foam puts the air back in it...

Rear seat or middle seat? They do make a middle seat, you just have to ask. (I sent a message through eBay)

I didn't know that. Thanks for that info. I will contact them and consider making the middle match the front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom