Events/Trails LCDC 6 Official Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Follow us on Instagram @200LCDC and sign up on our website to stay up to date...

715460B9-98A9-4F9C-986D-D30FEEB07A5C.jpeg

Who else is needing this really bad about now? Hotel Reserved - about 97 days from now- we had better have stomp this out all we can by then and be living our lives much more like before (minus handshakes, perhaps).
Art 1.jpg

Colorado’s stay at home order will end April 27 with restrictions and no social gathering of more than 10 people. Retail set to open May 1 with 6’ distancing. By the end of July we should be ok but regardless we might not have evening events and just meet at trailheads and use radios for communication. We may form smaller groups as well vs the plan of 10. Hope everyone is safe and we’ll get through this. The event just might be a little different this year.

I'm optimistic we will be able to gather by then. We should learn much more that gives us confidence in all our health by then. Talking on radios is ok going on the trail, but if we can't socialize, walk around each others cruisers, catch up, have a beer or drink together- I'm not sure how that will be received.

So I am having a drink at home now, toasting to wishing continued progress. I mean, worst case, wearing a mask, it would be an upgrade for my face area- so not too worried. Here's wishing for the best.

I just received an email from the Solarium hotel stating that they have decided to stay closed for the remainder of 2020. Has anyone else had their reservations cancelled? We do have a "backup" reservation through VRBO so we still a place to stay in town.

Still hoping this happens....

I just received an email from the Solarium hotel stating that they have decided to stay closed for the remainder of 2020. Has anyone else had their reservations cancelled? We do have a "backup" reservation through VRBO so we still a place to stay in town.

Just checked my reservation at the Elizabeth Hotel...still there.

Looks like camping in my backyard is gaining momentum!

Hey Cody, aside from your backyard, what camping options are you anticipating up there? We're south Denver, and haven't really spent much time up north. I know statewide most campgrounds are closed, although I believe national Forest are open...

Hey Cody, aside from your backyard, what camping options are you anticipating up there? We're south Denver, and haven't really spent much time up north. I know statewide most campgrounds are closed, although I believe national Forest are open...
I'm hoping Ansel Watrous opens back up so I can use my reservation. It's federal I believe, but currently closed.

I’m going to have to look and see what they are saying about campgrounds. They are well spaced out so you’d think social distancing could be maintained. Also lots of dispersed camping options which I believe you can still do. Lots of good maps on dispersed areas.

How big is your backyard? Will we be able to social distance?
Plenty of space... we back to open space so we can create our own “tent city” ha! I think the campgrounds will open by July.

I’m going to have to look and see what they are saying about campgrounds. They are well spaced out so you’d think social distancing could be maintained. Also lots of dispersed camping options which I believe you can still do. Lots of good maps on dispersed areas.
I've been surprised about the campground closures at the federal campgrounds and national parks, particularly since some parks and trails are open but their campgrounds aren't. Aside from shared facilities like restrooms, camping seems like the ONE thing people can easily do while social distancing - and for those with RVs/trailers with bathrooms the only central facilities are the fresh water and dump station (the latter which I always wear latex gloves anyway...)

I currently have reservations at Ansel Watrous, but I'd like to see if there is any interest in finding a dispersed camping area we can establish a small group of LCDC participants for social interaction. It would be fun to have a "cruiser camp" to get to know a few folks.

Not sure if it's appropriate to discuss locations/interest in this thread, but I'd like to throw out the suggestion as see if it gets any traction.

MAP: I've updated this post with a dispersed camping map of the area for reference.

Attachments

• DC-MAP.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom