Events/Trails LCDC 6 Official Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey, Cole and Cody. After a LONG talk with my wife I am going to need to bail again this year. A variety of scheduling conflicts. And my wife kept making the very good point that we moved all the way over to Bend so we could spend out time exploring the PNW and I'm going to make this big trip back to Ft Collins? A bit over an hour from where we just moved from? Why aren't we investing that time and money in things like the NWOR or following the various Oregon and Washington back roads discovery routes or whatever. I caved. Rather than hanging on in hopes I could do everything I've decided to pull out now to ensure that someone else can get in should you all reach the limit. Thanks again to you both for all you do to organize these events.

Hey, Cole and Cody. After a LONG talk with my wife I am going to need to bail again this year. A variety of scheduling conflicts. And my wife kept making the very good point that we moved all the way over to Bend so we could spend out time exploring the PNW and I'm going to make this big trip back to Ft Collins? A bit over an hour from where we just moved from? Why aren't we investing that time and money in things like the NWOR or following the various Oregon and Washington back roads discovery routes or whatever. I caved. Rather than hanging on in hopes I could do everything I've decided to pull out now to ensure that someone else can get in should you all reach the limit. Thanks again to you both for all you do to organize these events.
Sorry you can’t make it!

So my lodging plan was just to bring a tent and camping gear and find a cool place to camp each night. From the lodging discussions in this thread, I’m getting the idea that not reserving a spot somewhere may be a bad plan. Is there really enough stuff going on in the area that camp sites will be hard to find? Or if I just decide to find a hotel for the night because it’s pouring rain will I not be able to find a room somewhere without a reservation?

So my lodging plan was just to bring a tent and camping gear and find a cool place to camp each night. From the lodging discussions in this thread, I’m getting the idea that not reserving a spot somewhere may be a bad plan. Is there really enough stuff going on in the area that camp sites will be hard to find? Or if I just decide to find a hotel for the night because it’s pouring rain will I not be able to find a room somewhere without a reservation?

I did both. Reserved a campsite and reserved a hotel room. I'll decide which I'll use the closer the time comes.

Officially we have 1 spot remaining for this year's event... who's going to grab it...

Camping is very popular in the canyon with people all over the country coming for summer vacation. A lot of sites get reserved months in advance. Lots of hotel options in town.

Just booked our air bnb. Will be about a mile from downtown. Tala will be making her magnificent floofy return as well!

We have are hotels all booked...

In the process of having BP-51's installed with SPC UCA's...

At least the Cruiser & equipment will be good, not so sure about the driver...

Looking forward to meeting all of you...

Jeff

More than likely we’ll be meeting at Teds place. If folks are staying up the canyon they can meet their group at the trailhead. May have a meeting place in FC as well which will caravan to Teds place. Should be on everyone’s map app.

by “app” do you mean the Eventbrite app? Is that the main event info communication method?

by “app” do you mean the Eventbrite app? Is that the main event info communication method?

We use an app called Sched to manage the “when and where” aspects of the event as well as trail signups. It’ll probably be June before we have much to share via Sched. in the meantime, official communications are sent via email. We haven’t sent an email since late January.

Is anyone that has installed the 40 gal long ranger fuel tank going to LCDC? If so, I'd like to meet up with you and take a peek at your install. I'd also like to see a 24 gal install to get good visual comparison. I've read the threads on this comparing the tank install to the spare tire and resonator location but actually seeing it would be better.

Officially we have 1 spot remaining for this year's event... who's going to grab it...
I was just able to register...did I make it in time?

Is anyone that has installed the 40 gal long ranger fuel tank going to LCDC? If so, I'd like to meet up with you and take a peek at your install. I'd also like to see a 24 gal install to get good visual comparison. I've read the threads on this comparing the tank install to the spare tire and resonator location but actually seeing it would be better.
@kcjaz I'm not going to LCDC, but I live about 45 minutes south. You can check mine out if you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom