Events/Trails LCDC 6 Official Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m not going to make it this year. My youngest, who some of you met last year at LCDC, is pregnant with twins. Her official due date is a month after LCDC but twins tend to come early so I need to be prepared for an early arrival. I don’t want to take a spot someone else will definitely be able to use.

Not to get ahead of the game, but is there any reason to think the current insanity will impact the event at all? I know I'm months out, but I see everything else being cancelled, moved,rescheduled, I'd imagine there could be some ripple effect.

While right now all of thinking seems to be focused on the next 8 weeks, there are indications that we may be dealing with these kinds of restrictions for 18 months or until they can get a vaccine produced and deployed globally.

From the Johns Hopkins Daily Situation Report for March 17:

NON-PHARMACEUTICAL INTERVENTIONS Researchers from Imperial College London published findings from a modeling study on the potential effects of several non-pharmaceutical interventions in the United Kingdom and United States . The researchers concluded that efforts to mitigate the effects of the COVID-19 epidemic in each country—defined here as slowing transmission to reduce the peak of the epidemic—would be expected to still result in hundreds of thousands of deaths and overwhelmed health systems. Subsequently, they argue that efforts to suppress the epidemics—defined here as lowering transmission to bring R0 less than 1—are necessary to ensure the continued functioning of health systems. These measures, however, would likely need to be implemented for 18 months or longer. The study considered multiple interventions, both alone and combination with others: case isolation at home, voluntary quarantine of those living with cases, social distancing for individuals over the age of 70, social distancing of the entire populations, and school closures. The model indicates that a combination of these measures would be sufficient to suppress the epidemic and preserve the health system, but the disease would be expected to “quickly rebound” after the interventions are lifted. In order to maintain their impact, the measures would essentially need to be maintained until a vaccine becomes available, which could be 18 months or longer.

We'll be sending an email shortly with some updates but here's a preview.

First, the event is still on for the scheduled dates and times.

Second, folks can ask for a refund at any time. We'll either push back the April 1st deadline or waive it completely.

We're paying close attention to the JHU data (as well as some other sources) and local guidelines and policies. As many of you know, Cody is a Fort Collins resident so he's on top of the situation there. We're not speculating one way or the other right now and will continue to plan for the event happening.

Last edited:
👀 = 👍

Since there are a ton of new attendees this year...just wanted to add a 1.5 cent note about LCDC leadership—

LCDC lead Cody (@codyaustin5 ) is a steady, calm, on-the-ball dude...with eyes-on-the-scene preparations and just plain sensible all around. It’s a nice bonus that he right there at this year’s location!

As for Cole... (@indycole )
-I have never known a more efficient researcher/info/database/planner dude. Both Cody and Cole are THOROUGH.

I’m 100% confident that all things LCDC will be proactively considered and wisely handled.

Obviously no one can know where all this stuff goes until much later, but meanwhile, rest assured that this event is in excellent hands.

m

Last edited:
👀 = 👍

Since there are a ton of new attendees this year...just wanted to add a 1.5 cent note about LCDC leadership—

LCDC lead Cody (@codyaustin5 ) is a steady, calm, on-the-ball dude...with eyes-on-the-scene preparations and just plain sensible all around. It’s a nice bonus that he right there at this year’s location!

As for Cole... (@indycole )
-I have never known a more efficient researcher/info/database/planner dude. Both Cody and Cole are THOROUGH.

I’m 100% confident that all things LCDC will be proactively considered and wisely handled.

Obviously no one can know where all this stuff goes until much later, but meanwhile, rest assured that this event is in excellent hands.

m
Thanks for the kind words Mark! As most of you know Cole and I do this during our free time and really enjoy putting these on. Obviously known of us have ever seen what is going on right now and FC is no different. We still have 4 months until the event so at this point we'll have to wait and see how this plays out over the next couple of months. Please don't worry about fees as we'll refund accordingly. We are not in this for the money but to cover expenses such as the website dues and operating costs. More to come from Cole's email...

🤞 fingers crossed this blows over by then and get the opportunity to meet a lot of you in person.

Just a quick heads up - Overland Expo West was just rescheduled to July 24-26, 2020. This is the weekend before LCDC. Currently scheduled for both, but not sure I'll be able to swing both when they are this close together. Just a heads up for others in planning...

Thanks to @codyaustin5 and @indycole for all of the awesome work to make these a reality.

Just a quick heads up - Overland Expo West was just rescheduled to July 24-26, 2020. This is the weekend before LCDC. Currently scheduled for both, but not sure I'll be able to swing both when they are this close together. Just a heads up for others in planning...

Thanks to @codyaustin5 and @indycole for all of the awesome work to make these a reality.

I am scheduled for both as well. That would be a busy 2 weeks. Will have to see how this plays out.

That's a bit of a coincidence... we had originally considered scheduling our event the weekend before/after the Overland Expo in Loveland (late Aug). We didn't as it was a little late in the season for folks.

Seems like an easy choice.. :steer:

Interesting they would move it up vs back???

It was moved from May to July.
Sorry was thinking overland expo MTN in Loveland at the end of August which I thought about piggybacking off of but it was too late in the season for most people on vacation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom