Events/Trails LCDC 2019 - 5th Anniversary (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was able to sign up for one BBP spot on Thursday but my brother was not able to because it filled up. We’d like to do black bear together if an opportunity comes up.

Ophir is like Tateyama, Japan

Last edited:
I was able to sign up for one BBP spot on Thursday but my brother was not able to because it filled up. We’d like to do black bear together if an opportunity comes up.

I'm going to lead a Porphyry Gulch/Black Bear Pass/Imogene Pass run on Friday. Stay tuned.

San Miguel County opened Last Dollar Road yesterday.

I can't find an Ophir Pass picture on the county's accounts so I'm unsure where the previous one is from as CDOT is not responsible for these roads. Definitely looks like it could be the top of the pass though so 🤷‍♂️

Just did a little reconnaissance mission yesterday:p Looks like it'll be totally doable, nothing to worry about:D we got this!

IMG_9939.JPG
IMG_9942.JPG
IMG_9953.JPG

Last edited:
:hillbilly:
Just did a little reconnaissance mission yesterday:p Looks like it'll be totally doable, nothing to worry about:D we got this!

View attachment 2001690View attachment 2001691View attachment 2001692

Awesome photos!!!!

Whatever melts or doesn't melt...I'm looking forward to a *different* experience with the snow (or post-snow) factors. Been to Ouray a number of times now, so going after the most snow in decades will definitely be a re-mix.

I've never seen 60+ 200's in one place, and I'm pretty sure no one in North America ever has, either.
Really looking forward to checking out the differences in builds, various new bumpers, suspensions, interiors, dogs, people, and wheeling with a bunch of new folks.

Last edited:
Question for the CO natives - I expect we're going to get some muddy/slushy conditions and will throw my Go Treds in the truck but would you recommend packing chains as well?

Question for the CO natives - I expect we're going to get some muddy/slushy conditions and will throw my Go Treds in the truck but would you recommend packing chains as well?

With that much snow, chains are a Valid question, already packed my Maxtrax. But I really hope we won't have use Chains :)

I don’t believe we will need chains if we stay in trail. I am pretty confident all trails will be open by end of July. If someone slips off trail we would most likely be in recover mode anyway and chains would be useless.

I'm ready

Sup guys, got my official invite today. I've already signed up for the below.

Yankee on Thursday
Black Bear #2 on Friday
There's three options left for Saturday (Alpine, Poughkeepsie, & Corckscrew) so I was as hoping some of the regulars could help guide me to which to sign up for.

This will be our first time to CO and first time to LCDC as well. Stock LC200 with 275 70 18, maybe ill jsut buy some sliders from Slee or other local company while I'm out there.

Being as we are just now being invited, I have yet to find camping/lodging. If anyone has space or knows of a place to camp send advice my way here or through PM. Anyone coming from Atlanta or Birmingham? Time to go back and reread this entire thread.

Sup guys, got my official invite today. I've already signed up for the below.

Yankee on Thursday
Black Bear #2 on Friday
There's three options left for Saturday (Alpine, Poughkeepsie, & Corckscrew) so I was as hoping some of the regulars could help guide me to which to sign up for.

This will be our first time to CO and first time to LCDC as well. Stock LC200 with 275 70 18, maybe ill jsut buy some sliders from Slee or other local company while I'm out there.

Being as we are just now being invited, I have yet to find camping/lodging. If anyone has space or knows of a place to camp send advice my way here or through PM. Anyone coming from Atlanta or Birmingham? Time to go back and reread this entire thread.

Glad you found a spot. :)
Ouray Challet Inn still has rooms that are not crazy expensive. Definitely not a fancy place, but adequate and dead center location In the tiny town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom