LC80 POWER OUTLET ? What's it For ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've just discovered a square plastic box behind the passenger side battery marked POWER OUTLET in my LC80. I've seen it before but never looked because I thought it was just a fuse box. Anybody know what it is and what it does ? I have not yet explored it and am hoping someone else has already looked into his and can tell me what he found.

Kalawang

As you would suspect it is an auxillary power outlet. The three terminals are labeled as to power/acc/ign. They are all fused right there. Great for wiring lights and what not (just use ground switching in the cab).

To clarify, there are three terminals mounted next to eachother and three fuses inside the box. You can replace the fuses with higher capacities if you require. As they are marked is pretty much how they work.

Power: Permenantly available, used for stuff like horns or lights if you want to be able to turn them on when the car's off. Possibly fridges too.

Acc: Switched against your ACC key position. Key must be at accessories for 12v to flow through this circuit. Commonly used for driving lights and radio's.

Ign: Switched against your ON key position. Key must be at "ON" for 12v to flow through this circuit. Commonly used for.... I really don't know. I've never used it :D

Thanks all for an amazingly prompt and detailed response.

I doubt I'll be using the outlet as I'm not currently into accessories, but it's good to know that there is a convenient tap available.

Kalawang

andrea-PE-ITALY said:
i use the 12V unswitched connector for air compressor, 12V switched for an 300W 220V inverter.

I connect my 750 watt inverter directly to the battery. Those things don't know the word quit and once melted the insulation of my #12 wire when someone in the house turned on an aircon. My inverter actually tried to feed it.

Kalawang

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom