LC 200 front recovery points (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,
planning to install ARB protection.
I saw two options for front recovery points by ARB both with the same serial #: 2815020

any recomendations?

many thanks,
Aifer.

I have this one. I don't know for other item/number. For LC200 only this one...
IMG_20211105_121619.jpg

Soft shackle destroyers. So many people use soft shackles these days. Take a burr grinder and give them a rounded edge and refinish. I'm surprised ARB hasn't changed the design to put a radius on the edges, or if they don't because it would cause them to have to go through retesting/re-rating with the various agencies and certification bodies...

or if they don't because it would cause them to have to go through retesting/re-rating with the various agencies and certification bodies...
This.

I keep a D-Ring in my recovery kit just in case I need to use the ARB recovery points, but still haven't needed to. Maybe I just don't push the truck hard enough, but I have yet to need my winch or to be pulled out of anything. With that infrequency of use, and the limited options available at the time, I went with the ARB and haven't had cause to regret it. The handful of times I've need to pull on other folks I have been able to use my rear tow-hitch recovery point, which is always my preference if I'm doing the pulling.

I carry three 3/4" van beest hard shackles and three factor55 soft shackles and use whatever is needed. I would much rather use a soft shackle (where it makes sense), whether winching or doing a kinetic recovery.

I still have the factory recovery points. I just removed the tie down from the bottom (which unbolts easily enough). Why spend the $ on ARB recovery points, exactly?

Don't act like you haven't seen how cool my truck looks with those recovery points.
I mean, isn't they we do all the mods we do? ;)

If i do anything, ill just rattle can my factory mounts red....it will look 90% as good that way and if i ever have to use them there will be red paint marks on everything i attach to them (Double bonus!)

Kaon make a similar recovery with 'softer' corners. That said even if a pure 180 deg edge curve, it's too sharp an angle for a soft shackle. These kind of fibers have decades of experience on ocean racing boats, tight bends will reduce the breaking strength and life in half or more.

Kaon make a similar recovery with 'softer' corners. That said even if a pure 180 deg edge curve, it's too sharp an angle for a soft shackle. These kind of fibers have decades of experience on ocean racing boats, tight bends will reduce the breaking strength and life in half or more.
Cost an arm and a leg but very nice

BD8E9446-1EF2-4408-9827-3211FEA5C706.jpeg

DB95D79E-AE68-4ABB-8A0F-58B4B9771AA3.jpeg

E01672B9-3AF9-431B-B375-31EE488EE743.jpeg

I still have the factory recovery points. I just removed the tie down from the bottom (which unbolts easily enough). Why spend the $ on ARB recovery points, exactly?
Meaning you pulled out the L bracket with the round hole? Did you replace it with flat steel? I believe the second job of that part is to distribute the force of the bolts over a larger area of the base of the factory tow hook. Meaning to make it stronger.. At least in my head.

Last edited:
Meaning you pulled out the L bracket with the round hole? Did you replace it with flat steel? I believe the second job of that part is to distribute the force of the bolts over a larger area of the base of the factory tow hook. Meaning to make it stronger.. At least in my head.
No I did not.

IIRC the bolts had Toyota graded markings on them and should be sufficiently strong, and they fit snugly in the remaining recovery point. I suppose I could throw a steel plate between them as a washer but on the whole it seems stronger to me than a 9500# D-ring.

My TrailTailor bumper has recovery points on it so I could just use them. They’re attached with 4 bolts per side to the frame horn. I feel like the factory recovery points are better suited for high forces though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom