LB7 Duramax? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Found this for you.
Seems to be a few around.

Yeah, I saw that one too. Nice low km, clean and reasonable price. I think the extended cab might be a bit tight for the kids tho. I definitely thought hard about it!

Maybe you should trade your prado in, they are going for big dollars.. RHD Toyota Landcruiser Prado

:rofl:

That's just ridiculous! They do go for decent cash in the states, but that is way over the top!

Body on mine is not pretty after years of wheeling.....unfortunately that devalues it quite a bit. Might get somewhere between 5-10k for it depending on how much work I do trying to make it look pretty. Mechanically it is upgraded more than most....and runs better.

...The 6.0 deleted and head studed is what the old 7.3 used to be. I have been working out of a loaded F550 for a few years now and it's been a great truck. Ford has by far the best front end on the market......

Since your comment, I've looked at the 6.0 Fords in a different light. My LJ78 actually did excellent towing this summer, but that said it was pretty cool weather too. That and I know I'm ultimately pushing my luck with that motor. Wondering what you think of this beast: $12,500 · f 350 Wish I knew what year it was....

I just saw a 2006 Duramax in PG for $12500. I think, that Ford is an ‘03 or thereabouts by the headlight design.

I just saw a 2006 Duramax in PG for $12500. I think, that Ford is an ‘03 or thereabouts by the headlight design.

Problem with most of those d-max trucks from the interior is they get rusty rockers, and they're generally worked pretty hard. I've been keeping my eye out....

Was hoping the Ford was newer than that. I've read the 05-07 6.0 motor is better than the first couple years.... That said, I don't mind studding the head etc at some point if I have to. Still $30,000 cheaper than the landcruiser I want...LOL.

Last edited:
Geez, barely used.
This is the one I saw

Geez, barely used.
This is the one I saw

Thanks Jon. I need the crew cab version....kids are growing.... Also hoping for 200,000km or less. Something along the lines of this would be perfect...but thrifty-ness in me is preventing me from dropping that sort of $$ at the moment: $27,000 · 2006 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax Diesel 4x4 3500 199000 km

Reading about the fixes some of these domestic diesels need (especially the ford 6.0)...geez. I think I could replace my 2LTE every year for less effort and cost.... Buying a domestic diesel lemon would be a serious drag.

I am hearing you. My friend in PG has a duramax, said the ‘03 got the best mileage he ever had in a
diesel. He has a newer one now. My coworker has lives and breathes duramax, now has a Colorado
with the baby duramax 4 cyl. I’d too like to get a full size diesel, but costs are keeping me from that.
But now I’m leaning towards the GM duramax, seem pretty reliable
That’s why I’ve gone to the turbo upgrade, cheaper than a truck and I can now get some kind of
elcheapo run around truck.

Seller updated the add. It's a 2006. Seems like a pretty cheap price given the low kms and how clean it is. Makes me wonder if there is something up with it....

39k for a 17 year old truck... ouch. Almost feels like it belongs in a different thread.

The cost of those is the reason I started this thread! I'd much prefer the cruiser in many ways. But I can buy at least a couple nice pick-ups for the same price! Haha.

1HDT-FTE Kinda gets your hot rod blood going though, doesn’t it? Besides considering what
LC costs new and what it would cost to build a NICE truck

Nice but...that's a bit more luxury than my primitive ass could handle. I found an 80 to be too damn cushy inside for me, although the ride on logging roads was almost worth it.

My brain doesn't equate that degree of pampering with "truck"

We'll see tho.

Maybe in a year or two as various bits start getting crustier on my 61, dropping the engine in a lhd 80 might seem like a good idea. Already kinda does to be honest, but my appetite and wallet for cruiser projects is fairly tapped out at the moment.

I didn't like the idea of a luxury car for many years either....but as I get older, I find I'm appreciating those amenties more and more. That and keeping my family comfortable and quiet on long trips is more luxury than the truck bling could every provide...haha. I find I don't wheel as much anymore, but I still like a quality body on frame vehicle that can take a beating and handle some towing.

What I really like about the above truck is the excellent engine/trans. Sort of the pinnacle of Toyota diesel engines. I like that the 100's are basically built on an 80 inspired frame. I like that I have the option at some point to yank the IFS BS out and install a solid front axle from an from an HZJ105. Unlike most cruisers, the HDJ100 has a good reputation for effortless towing with good comfort.

But all that said, I think all I can do is dream about them at that price. Will have to settle for a mercedes or domestic diesel if I want to stay the oil burning path and tow an RV. Still keeping my eye out for an early duramax. The fords/dodges are just way too big for my needs. Might also go for a mercedes GL320 if the right deal comes along. No rush, as the 2LTE is still ticking along fine.

I suppose there is still the option of engine swapping a cruiser too. I watch this video once in a while for inspiration...LOL:

Anyone ever imported a vehicle from the UK? Thanks to Trumps' twin and no brexit deal the british pound is suffering these days. Diesel 100 series cruisers are actually reasonably priced there. Close to the same price as a similar mileage gasser 100 series goes for here in Canada. Wonder how hard (expensive) it would be to get one here...

Did someone say quad cab...
Buy this and I’d be ok if ya tagged along on runs... I’ll even give you a landcruiser badge to put on it ;)
B9E9B4C9-588F-438C-87ED-F16D2F603187.jpeg
68001292-9FB5-4134-B6F8-108857F4E3F1.jpeg
4F83AD67-FE35-401B-8EFB-46E74F1D2DB7.jpeg

Facebook market btw

Edit: I’ve realized it is a VW... wouldn’t tow your trailer very well :(
Searched Unimog and ended up with a VW... not quite the same

Last edited:
Did someone say quad cab...
Buy this and I’d be ok if ya tagged along on runs... I’ll even give you a landcruiser badge to put on it ;)

Facebook market btw

Edit: I’ve realized it is a VW... wouldn’t tow your trailer very well :(
Searched Unimog and ended up with a VW... not quite the same

Still a pretty cool rig! Can't say I've ever seen a VW that looks like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom