Later FJ40 Rectangular Side View Mirrors on '76 FJ40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4Cruisers

SILVER Star
Threads
Are later model FJ40 rectangular side view mirrors easily mounted on the front doors of a '76 FJ40? I searched for images on Google and saw some rectangular heads with three mounting screws at the arm, but don't know if they're the same hole pattern as on my '76 (first photo). If they do fit, does anyone know off-hand what model year mirror heads I should be looking for?

Side-View-Mirror-2.jpg

Side-View-Mirror-1.jpg

Three screws on the back of the head do not need to be removed. Just unscrew the acorn nuts off the new mirrors and thread them on your mirror arms.

Thought I posted that first part a while ago. The one pictured by Beno is different. A lot more rounded on the corners. Think I've seen those in a picture of a FJ45LP-B with angled arms mounted to the A pillars.

Thanks guys - that gives me some options. I'm trying to get as many improvements done, including visibility, before I set out on my legs of the FJ40 Cross Country Expedition.

Actually there aren't any flat spots on the rectangular mirror threaded arm so you can't tighten it enough on the arm - just hand tight (which may be enough but I wouldn't do it).

See photos below I confirmed the three screw holes work on both the round and rectangular mirrors. I may just leave that on nice having a little extra mirror real estate...

IMG_7663.JPG
IMG_7664.JPG

Thanks for the confirmation. I might just go with the older style rectangular mirrors - I should be able to get those from @65swb45 along with my next order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom