For Sale Las Vegas NV: 1983 BJ/FJ 60 (1 Viewer)

Having spent a lot of money on upgrades on my 80 and then selling it, I think the price is a bit high. People don't value the work you put in, I went through the same thing. IMO if someone buys it they will need to get it painted. If not, all those scratches and grooves will eventually rust. It's an awesome truck though, if the price comes down I would maybe be interested.
Ehhhhhh....unless you’re planning on parking it at the county fair for looks then that paint job it has on it now will do just fine...hit em with a wire wheel and throw a little primer on em and poof good to go for another 10 years. Price is pretty fair for it being a diesel IMO.

tampacruiser95

Upgrades are coming.

Ehhhhhh....unless you’re planning on parking it at the county fair for looks then that paint job it has on it now will do just fine...hit em with a wire wheel and throw a little primer on em and poof good to go for another 10 years. Price is pretty fair for it being a diesel IMO.
No one is wire wheeling the paint on a near $20K vehicle. That's crazy talk, unless you just have so much money it doesn't matter. Still, like I said, it's a nice truck.

No one is wire wheeling the paint on a near $20K vehicle. That's crazy talk, unless you just have so much money it doesn't matter. Still, like I said, it's a nice truck.
I Guess I’m crazy then lol....I have 2 60’s ones actually a 6BT swapped and I just wire wheeled some rust spots that were bad and patched them up and through some primer on it....it’s not a show car.

Very interesting. I've had a few Cruisers but never diesel. I've just re-entered the search and am ready to go when I find the right truck. I'll shoot ya a PM.

I'd be interested if the price comes down a bit. Looks like a great rig, but with the high mileage and unknown mileage on the engine (unless I missed something), just seems a bit high to me. Great looking cruiser though!

I'd be interested if the price comes down a bit. Looks like a great rig, but with the high mileage and unknown mileage on the engine (unless I missed something), just seems a bit high to me. Great looking cruiser though!
[/QUOTE
thanks for the interest. Feel free to shoot me an offer.

Man! I went through a very similar saga with my 60. It's frustrating.... After dropping the 60 off for an oil change I noticed a ticking noise, stopped to check the oil and it wasn't on the dipstick, so I proceeded to add quart after quart of oil till it registered. I'm guessing the shop forgot to add oil and they wouldn't take responsibility, unfortunately, the damage was done. I put in a temp 1F engine to have it drivable, but that one wasn't reliable and didn't have power steering. I dropped the motor off to have rebuilt and after 2 years or so I went to pick it up. I had the engine installed and then dropped it off at a reputable shop to go through it front to back while I was out of the country so I could return and do a cross country. After $11k invested I drove to California and back. It ran great, but was blowing through oil like crazy. I guess the honing of the cylinder wasn't right so there I was again. I bought a rebuilt 2F and had it installed.

Point of my story, if you can, just hold onto it. I almost just dumped my 60 out of pure frustration, but I know I would have regretted it.

Exactly the kind of truck I'm looking to buy, but that body rust (especially the roof rust) is $$ to fix unfortunately. Trucks with good bodies but mechanical issues seem to sell quickly for more money than trucks with strong mechanicals but rust issues.

Exactly the kind of truck I'm looking to buy, but that body rust (especially the roof rust) is $$ to fix unfortunately. Trucks with good bodies but mechanical issues seem to sell quickly for more money than trucks with strong mechanicals but rust issues.
if you think you're getting any 30 year old car w/o rust you're just not looking hard enough (for rust haha)

The rust is very superficial. It must not translate well in the photographs. Any who wants more detailed photos just has to ask...

I'll just neutralize this comment by saying the rust doesn't look bad to me personally. I'd highly recommend anyone that buys it look at it in person first, but I would not make a comment like this to dissuade potential buyers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom