SOLD Las Vegas 1977 Toyota FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Green
Up for sale is a 1977 FJ40. The truck is solid but does need some work. It is a great canidate for a project or restoration.This FJ is an original configuration. The rear pinon gear is missing but I have the drive shaft. The truck turns over but does not stay running. The pictures show some rust and patina.Interior needs work (missing ashtray, original radio). Comes with some extras and one original steel rim with hubcap (spare)and jack.
Asking a reasonable 10,000 o.b.o

20211112_095755.jpg

20211112_094658.jpg

20211114_074315.jpg

20211112_095604.jpg

20211112_095641.jpg

More pictures available on CL, with YouTube link showing engine start and run.
Search Thecrusher77 on YT.

interested if available.. send pm as your acct won't take pms

I was the one who purchased this one :) It's a very low-rust body and legit 88k mile original. The PO owned since 1988. The truck had been sitting for long time. It originally was sold in CO, went to Nevada in 1988 with PO and a few days ago came back to CO. I plan on investing a lot of time/money into it and want to daily drive it until perhaps going all in on a full restoration down the road. Until then, I'm going to enjoy the very awesome (IMO) patina and restore all mechanical/interior. I also scored a nice trailer in the deal. Sellers were great and were sad to see her go.

I think you bought a great truck. Surface rust is nothing. It adds to its character. I thought about buying this one myself. Good luck. Start a restoration forum for everyone to see.

Apparently the seller was a one and done flipper.

He joined mud to sell this and posted on his profile, not this for sale thread, that it sold on Wednesday.

I was the one who purchased this one :) It's a very low-rust body and legit 88k mile original. The PO owned since 1988. The truck had been sitting for long time. It originally was sold in CO, went to Nevada in 1988 with PO and a few days ago came back to CO. I plan on investing a lot of time/money into it and want to daily drive it until perhaps going all in on a full restoration down the road. Until then, I'm going to enjoy the very awesome (IMO) patina and restore all mechanical/interior. I also scored a nice trailer in the deal. Sellers were great and were sad to see her go.
I stand corrected. The seller was not a flipper. Glad it went to a good home.

I really like those dealer decals. Please find a way to preserve those while doing the patina restoration.

A good cleaning & polish, with painting the front bumper and rear crossmember along with adding some stock wheels, seat covers, door cards and a dash padwill transform this 40.

Last edited:
If you’re in Colorado Springs area definitely bring it out to a Colorado Land cruisers meeting. Great patina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom