KZJ78 Speedo cable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

Does anyone know if any other Toyota speedo cables are interchangeable with the prado ones?
ie 60 / 75 / 80 series, hilux?
Mine's completely broken, and chances of finding one here in Australia are slim...

Toyota part no. is: 83710-60271

Cheers.

Doesn't look like there are any other trucks that are the same apart from the Lj71...
However any good speedo reconditioner can do speedo cables. They have stock flexi rod stuff (the bit that's broken) they can make up.
You might have to remove the entire sheath to get the proper length. Take in your ends.
Speedometer Repair in Tasmania | Tasmania Speedometer Repair

I would love to say it was just the inner that's broken, I could have got that fixed. But I've destroyed the sheath as well (Got a branch or something wedged under there).
From what i've worked out, most late 90's hilux's / surfs have the same ends, just not sure whether the length will be long enough yet.
OEM Toyota wanted $170 for one...

Some of the sellers on ebay advertise which model hilux and landcruiser they interchange with.
If you can find a Hilux with the same engine/gearbox combo, you should be ok
The problem with the aftermarket is that you don't get the heavy duty sheath. Maybe you could make one with some rubber hose.

Do you have a length on it? We stock over a dozen different OEM and Japanese speedo cables including at least 3 for the 7x Series models. Bet we have that one or one that will fit. Ping us at the shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom