Koni 90 series shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I run Brian's build. Koni 90 shocks on both ends set to 25% rebound, stock springs. Also have Brian's front brake upgrade.
Read my other threads. I have tried stock, Bilsteins, koni 90s & Radflos and I settled with the Konis.
I wanted the best highway, weekend family cruiser with occasional off road. I did not want to raise and will not go with steel bumpers.
If Brian makes a slightly stiff spring I will "spring" for them. Stock is comfortable but just a little soft.

Bump for updates!

I spoke to Brian a week or two ago, regarding a Koni 90 Raid kit with a lift. From what he tells me, this sounds like a pretty promising no-frills, no-maintenance, lift kit he is putting together.

I am holding off buying the Radflo lift until I can find out more about this thing.

I'm still waiting on Holland regarding pricing for the 90 Series Raid... I did manage to acquire a couple sets of the 88 series shocks to try out. These are smaller and thus at a lower price point.

The only other thing worth mentioning is an even longer travel rear shock is being developed.

:beer:

Brian
Any update on springs?
I'm pulling the KONI 90s to replace the upper bushings and while they're out if you have new springs I'd give them a try.
Ideally I'd personally like:
1 inches raise in the front, 0 lift in the rear.
Rear can be accomplished with air bags which I have in the garage.
Can you tell me what you're running in your 200, how do you have the shocks set? I have 25% rebound set.

If I remember correctly front have 4 full turns of adjustment and the rears have 3 turns.

Brian,
Did you ever find a spring for these? I'd love to try them again.
Anthony

I think Dobinson Springs will work... I don't know what heights they offer, though. Check with @crikeymike
Yeah guys, we make a bunch of options.
Front 25mm, 35mm, and 50mm light and heavy
Rear 0, 10mm, 30mm, and 50mm with a few different load ratings, all the way up to armored
They have stock ends on them, so you can use them on virtually any strut.

Thanks @bjowett

@bjowett are you no longer selling the Koni shocks? I don't see them listed on your website anymore. According to Koni's website here are the supported Koni shocks for the 200 platform:

Toyota Landcruiser Landcruiser 200 - Heavy Track, 08-18

• Heavy Track
    88-1747
    Front
    excl. active height control. RAID Dampers: fit vehicles with standard or raised suspension, Front /Rear: 0 - 30 mm

• Heavy Track
    88-1748
    Rear
    excl. active height control. RAID Dampers: fit vehicles with standard or raised suspension, Front /Rear: 0 - 30 mm

Toyota Landcruiser Landcruiser 200 - HT RAID, 08-18

• HT RAID
    90-5447SP1
    Front

• HT RAID
    90-5448
    Rear

It appears the 90s are more beefy than the 88s. Besides that are there any ride differences between the two?

They ride similarly. The 90 is much larger and can take some serious abuse. There are several reasons I no longer carry them, but price is the main issue.

Mike and I exchanged some messages. I might try the 90s again with Dobinson springs. So glad I didn't sell them. They were expensive and mine have almost no mileage. These have been my favorite shock of all but could not find an appropriate spring.
Brian, PM me if you if there is anything I should know.
Ant

@arich Let us know how they do with new springs. I've been thinking of trying the 88s.
Remember I have BP51s now, going "backwards" is a huge step. I have always wanted to know what these 90s could do with real springs. Minimal lift, highway cruiser to getting up to the mountains for skiing. The way I have the BP51s tuned the girls don't love it.
KO2s at 50 PSI doesn't help either.
Are we EVER happy?

Never indeed. I haven't found a shock setup yet across the vehicles I've had that I really loved.

Remember I have BP51s now, going "backwards" is a huge step. I have always wanted to know what these 90s could do with real springs. Minimal lift, highway cruiser to getting up to the mountains for skiing. The way I have the BP51s tuned the girls don't love it.
Are we EVER happy?

Are you still running the LT285/70-17 KO2's? If so, you could drop your tire pressure down to the recommended 40psi - should smooth out your ride a bit.

HTH

Are you still running the LT285/70-17 KO2's? If so, you could drop your tire pressure down to the recommended 40psi - should smooth out your ride a bit.

HTH
I found at the lower pressures the tire rolled and wore out the outer edge of the front tire. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Are we EVER happy?

Giving up on the BP-51s?

Giving up on the BP-51s?
Nahhh. Just want to try something different for the winter.
Ever been bored and want a little change and realize you made a mistake?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom