Knuckle Cut & Turn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Your talking about a line from the axle instant centre to the chassi mount. This is where you are wrong. That works for linked. Not for this radius arm. And why I say use the search button.

Your talking about a line from the axle instant centre to the chassi mount. This is where you are wrong. That works for linked. Not for this radius arm. And why I say use the search button.

I'm referring to the way the axle rotates under the truck. It still rotates in the same arc if you're using the factory frame mounts. I don't know how much simpler I can make this argument, but you're still not really getting it.

It's trivial at the end of the day since most people dont' care about anti-dive but you're making a claim that isn't valid.

The housing is pushed forward. When relocating the arms from the under side to the top (at lift) it automatically pushes forward, partly due to the new start possition of the suspensions duty cycle and its relativity to the housing. And is also manually relocated further forward again via the mounts.

The housing is pushed forward. When relocating the arms from the under side to the top (at lift) it automatically pushes forward, partly due to the new start possition of the suspensions duty cycle and its relativity to the housing. And is also manually relocated further forward again via the mounts.

I get that, but that means it's just traveling in the same arc around a slightly larger radius.

If the radius is larger. It's not technically the same arc. But i get what you mean. It's also not like 4" longer either. All this is extremely measurable in real life effects. But not on a calc.

Bump for a great thread, most of the pictures are gone but this was still my reference for doing a cut and turn today. The job was really easy and i highly recommend this for people who need caster but don't want to run their pinion angle. The first page is good followed by 7 pages of total B.S. :flush:

Also lots of info in the 60 and 40 forum, which would be a good read for anyone looking to cut and turn :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom