Keystone Cruisers Green Trail Run on January 16th (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Look at that mess under my truck! I thought it was an airbag line but Onur discovered we ripped the rear diff breather loose.
Wouldn't have happened if she was wearing gloves...

Holy hell... is that a 3rd GX? Do people actually offroad in those things?!/S

edit: who dat?!
View attachment 2556177
That was a guy named Diego he is from PA and he was there riding with his buddies but when we got back to the staging area The sand GX (David) and myself (Pearl GX) were heading out and his buddies were as well so he joined the group. It is a nice setup he has.

I want to say Thank You for Greg and Gary navigating. Thanks to Greg for the CHAMPION spots that got everyone safely down Tip Top, most did it twice they liked it so much.

I'm certain David in the 100 has MANY pics. His passenger was hoping out to get glory shots on and off all day.

Spent the day bringing up the rear. Without radios it was kind of MEH, but at least I could hop out and trail pee whenever, so there was that. Greg showed great restraint by taking all the bypass routes so none of the other trucks would get into danger, but I've seen Greg wheel the silver truck up medium blues w/o damage, so I know it must have been tempting.

Last few photos I got ...

About as flexi as some of the trails got. The RHD 70 made sure we had JDM trail cred and proved to be a super capable truck.
View attachment 2556117

I need to learn to use those cool filters on my phone. My pics are all just ... here they are, there's no POP to them. Either a clothed Sasquatch sighting or possibly Gary at the top of the hill making sure the lower trucks got through without damage.
View attachment 2556122

Right after I hit Gary in the eye with the mud. Had a bit of a traffic jam on the trail. This was just before Tip Top.
View attachment 2556127

It was great to meet new people and see new faces on the trail. I hope that some of you decide it was enough fun to make it a habit. Was also great to see Kris again. She has an infectious positive vibe and upbeat attitude that always makes the day more fun.

Not really sure, but that green 80 looked bone stock
View attachment 2556136
That's me in that bone stock green 80. Highway friendly tires too. I'm pretty happy with it and looking forward to buying sliders this week.

PXL_20210116_154841531.MP~2.jpg

Great pics all around !! Somehow it always makes a day better when there are great pics.

@Crusha ... neglected your RHD 80, also very JDM credworthy. I see it often enough that I forget how uncommon it is.

@Usterzai ... what drone/cam package is that? I've been looking around for one recently.

Sorry to be so late chiming in. It was a great day, and rather beautiful in the morning. As always, it's a lot of fun. I appreciate all the photos -- they show your truck's under bits in all their glory.

I do have one thing to add. The step counter in my phone was turned on and at the end of the day showed I'd covered 2,384 steps. Clearly that wasn't the number of physical steps I'd taken. I figure it must be the number of bumps the truck had clambered over. So, a day of green trails translates to about 2,500 rocks to cross.

Anyway, I look forward to the next run. A good dose of blues and blacks will keep me on my toes.

Here's hoping some of the new drivers from Saturday will come out on a blue-black day. The same high-quality spotting from Saturday will also be there to help you through the difficult parts.

Sorry to be so late chiming in. It was a great day, and rather beautiful in the morning. As always, it's a lot of fun. I appreciate all the photos -- they show your truck's under bits in all their glory.

I do have one thing to add. The step counter in my phone was turned on and at the end of the day showed I'd covered 2,384 steps. Clearly that wasn't the number of physical steps I'd taken. I figure it must be the number of bumps the truck had clambered over. So, a day of green trails translates to about 2,500 rocks to cross.

Anyway, I look forward to the next run. A good dose of blues and blacks will keep me on my toes.

Here's hoping some of the new drivers from Saturday will come out on a blue-black day. The same high-quality spotting from Saturday will also be there to help you through the difficult parts.
Greens and light blues are where I would like to stay 95% of the time... had loads of fun just getting out and driving through nature... I am sure the place is also amazing in the spring as well and I can't wait to see it then....

Also there are some J**p trails of Honor there ....Trail #11 and Crawl Daddy... I heard that #11 is not too bad but any input would be nice...

Great pics all around !! Somehow it always makes a day better when there are great pics.

@Crusha ... neglected your RHD 80, also very JDM credworthy. I see it often enough that I forget how uncommon it is.

@Usterzai ... what drone/cam package is that? I've been looking around for one recently.
It is the DJI mini 2, I took it out for a spin on Sunday, and I am really impressed with the footage and how it help up in the windy conditions. It would have been nice if it had the follow me feature but for this price point it has a lot of features.

Soon, I will be joining you all on black and blue trails, just waiting to save some $ for sliders.

Yes trail 12 goes way out to the far end of the property. It's not difficult but is interesting and does take some time as it's a long way out there. Please let me know when/if you do it.

@VBRoamer ... I inherited my wife's old FitBit watch when she got a new one for Christmas. I came home from Saturday with 15k+ steps. Seems it counts the rocking steering wheel as steps ... don't tell her though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom