Key fob sensor in Cruiser not working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,
I have a 2000 Lancruiser with the locking system acting up. The front two locks get stuck quite a bit, which I believe to be a problem with the lock actuator, which I plan to replace soon. However, my main question is on what I might be able to try to get my key fob working again. I just tried re-programing a key, with the programing sequence, if thats what its called, by flicking the lock back and forth 10 times a so on. That kind of worked but every time a button is pressed on the key the locks just click with nothing happening. The locks do work most of the time using the buttons in the car.

Last edited:
When using the buttons on the fob, if you're hearing clicking in the locks but they don't move, then the motors in the actuators are the most likely culprit. Mine had the same problem this summer (heat kills these little motors): The locks would usually work OK if I pressed the lock/unlock button on the driver door switch panel, but if I used the buttons on the fob, the locks would just click and not move. Replaced all 5 motors in each door's actuator and haven't had a problem since. Also, if you've never done so, you should probably put a new battery in the fob. I'm pretty sure mine had the original battery when I swapped in a new one - no idea how it lasted 19 years!

When using the buttons on the fob, if you're hearing clicking in the locks but they don't move, then the motors in the actuators are the most likely culprit. Mine had the same problem this summer (heat kills these little motors): The locks would usually work OK if I pressed the lock/unlock button on the driver door switch panel, but if I used the buttons on the fob, the locks would just click and not move. Replaced all 5 motors in each door's actuator and haven't had a problem since. Also, if you've never done so, you should probably put a new battery in the fob. I'm pretty sure mine had the original battery when I swapped in a new one - no idea how it lasted 19 years!
Alright ill give that a shot. Thanks for the suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom